Thursday 16 May 2019

Thankful Thursday - 180

This week I am thankful for...

1. Pom pom age! Emilia is finally at the age where she can engage and play with pom poms. I say finally because I remember when Dom started this and it would keep him quiet, focused and busy for long stretches. She may have been interested earlier, but she is a stinker and puts everything in her mouth. Now, she still has to be supervised, but she's more interested in putting them in a tube or a hole in a box. 


She is crazy. She climbs up into this stool countless times each day. I've stopped fighting it.

Look at that focus

Also this, because she's cute and loves to accessorize

2. Pantry organization! The pantry fairy struck again the other day. I took everything out and reorganized it all and threw out anything old. There weren't any surprises, thankfully. We hadn't accumulated much since my last re-org. It feels so good to get everything in a spot. It's amazing how much space we have in there when it's properly organized!


Poorly done panorama, but you get the idea.

3. Dog-walking weather. Sherlock has gotten a little fat. I blame Emilia. He does not get any less exercise, and we're not feeding him any extra. Emilia, however, thinks it's hilarious to feed him anything and everything (we will no longer allow her to have grapes, which are poisonous to dogs...). We're working on it, but another step is getting him out even more often. The nice weather makes it easy to do 2-3 walks per day. One big one, and then to the park, throw the ball, to the gas station, etc. 


What happens when you exercise your dog more? You break them apparently! He also needs a good grooming. I'll put that on the list :)

4. DIY Money Savers. My hair is very fine, but I have a LOT of it. This makes it really hard to style because it's just heavy and slippery. I was doing some research into texture sprays and decided to make my own sea salt spray. Pretty much what it sounds like... sea salt and water. I can add some essential oils or avocado oil or something, but I'll add that if I find it makes my hair too dry. Better than paying $14 for the same thing in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment