Friday 10 May 2019

Fortunate Friday (?)

Yesterday was Emilia's birthday so I didn't get around to doing my Thankful Thursday post. Therefore, this will be a Fortunate Friday! Better than "Thankful Friday" because I like alliteration. 

1. Unexpected naps. Yesterday morning the kids were driving me bonkers. They were being regular toddlers; I just didn't have the patience. I decide to pack up the kids and dog and go for a walk before it gets TOO hot! About 3/4 through our walk, I notice Emilia hasn't made a noise the whole walk. I peek down and she is passed RIGHT out. She hasn't fallen asleep in the stroller since she was a newborn; even then it wasn't often. What on earth?! She went down for her regular nap just fine too, so maybe she's growing!


2. My new workstation! When the kids go down for their nap our front balcony is 1/2 shade 1/2 sun. We had a glass-top table up here, but it was taking up too much space, so we're getting rid of it. (Anyone want a free glass-top patio table?!?!). Instead we went and bought this ugly but SUPER practical fold-up table from Canadian tire. It has 3 different heights, so it will be great for sensory play or meals for the kids, and it folds up very easily into a little 24"x24"x2.5" square with a handle. So nice to pack it away and have more play space out here. 


3. My new hair! It's been well over a year - probably nearly 2 years - since I've had highlights done in my hair. I feel so fresh and summery!!

I can't believe that's my hair! It'll never look that good again haha. I wish I did selfies well so I could take a nice one to show it off. Alas, it'll have to happen organically :). I felt a little silly walking the dog that evening in my workout gear with these beautiful blonde locks. 
Fun fact: Yesterday morning the first words out of Dom's mouth were, "Happy Birthday Emilia! I love Mommy's fancy new hair." <3


4. Our yard. Wednesday evening after the kids went to bed Dave and I went downstairs to our yard patio and had some wine, played a game and enjoyed the Spring sunset. Perfect evening. 

I, being biased, think our unit is the best location in the complex. We don't look directly into anyone's houses and this is not a busy street at all, with no cars parked on it. The occasional person walking their dog goes by, but other than that we don't see anyone!


Opened our first of three bottles purchased on our weekend away to Kelowna in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment