Monday 15 April 2019

Time to Wind Down

Last week was just crazy busy. Every day/night we had something going on that involved lots of people. All wonderful things, but I get peopled out easily! (Textbook Introvert over here!)

I often think I see a little bit of Dave in Emilia. I have finally confirmed my suspicions! The two pictures below are Dave at around her age. The resemblance is uncanny! Genetics are so weird.




Thursday evening I hosted my first Norwex party! I had heard of Norwex over the years, but always sort of scoffed at it, "How can a cloth make my cleaning any easier... it's still cleaning..." Now I get it! It's magic. Stephanie ran the party, I just provided the space, mess and food! There were about 11(?) people who came, and my goal was to reach $750 in sales to earn the large mop system! Well, thank you to my friends and family for loving Norwex. The party and online sales together added up to $1,750! How did I get so spoiled?! This is the only way I'd ever be able to own any Norwex as the up front cost isn't particularly low. I'm so excited to get all my stuff and have the cleanest house ever. (Way to set your expectations way too high for the cleanliness of your house, Renee). 


Only picture from the Norwex party. Thanks, Dave!

Friday afternoon we went to Rachel & Kyle's for Kyle's birthday. It's always nice to get out over the dinner hour, and they had lots of fun toys for the kids to play with! 




Natalia and Andrew lent us the strider bike Cadence used before. Dom saw it right away and enjoys pushing it around holding on to the handlebars. The first day he actually climbed on it himself though!

"Fixing" the bike with my kitchen tongs!

On Saturday, Dominic and I went to Devin's 4th birthday party! His friend, Isla, was there, so he was a little more outgoing and playful. It helps that he's been to their house a few times and is familiar with where to find the cars! All he wanted to eat was cake. He refused all other offers of food, except a couple veggies and veggie straws until he had his cake. He then GOBBLED it down so fast! Impressive little one! That evening Dave and I finished a movie from the night before and then played a game of crib in bed! I won. :)


Devin wanted a beach cake. Brent delivered!

Dom loves Isla. They play very well by each other :)

They were sitting across the table from each other playing so sweetly with cars. Naturally, right when I went to take a photo Isla got up and walked away!

Devin is so excited!!

One of my crib hands! I know I should have tossed A A (my crib), but I kept all 4 Aces to make pegging fun!

Sunday morning David was on media at church, so he was gone from 8-1230. I'm used to having the kids during the day by myself, but that day I had to get them dressed for church, pack them up, and get to church by 9am. Then I had to deal with both of them in church all by myself as my family was either busy or not there at that time. Whew!! I did it! Emilia was starting to get sick, and Dom was having 2-year-old attitude, but we made it! No major meltdowns. However, after every song, or every pause in speaking Dom loudly announced, "All done! Back in the van!" Soon, buddy. Soon. We had Scott & Ashleigh over for french toast for dinner, and they stuck around after the kids went to bed so we could play some games!


Cott and Yashyee brought some Easter cookies over to make with Dom. He loves feeling important.

This morning was Tot Romp, except we went early to help Katrina & Kerriann set up as Laura is out of town. Emilia is sick with a cough, and about half-way through Tot Romp it became clear to me that Dom is starting to get it, too. He was more than ready to go home. We packed it in and came home early. Now they're both in bed, hopefully sleeping soon (Dom is currently talking and playing...). Whew!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment