Tuesday 23 April 2019

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter!

Thursday night Dave and I were discussing ways to be intentional in our marriage (date nights, etc.). Somehow the idea of building these little metal Star Wars models came up, and before we knew it we were sitting down for two hours building these teeny tiny meticulous models using tweezers. They're that small! We both enjoyed it though, and we were hanging out without technology! I am still going strong with no Facebook on my phone, and don't actually miss it. Huh!



We had plans on Friday night that were cancelled, but we already had David's parents coming over to watch the kids from 430 onwards. We went out to Edith & Arthur's with Scott & Ashleigh for happy hour and had some 2 for 1 appetizers. This was also the first day after lent, so we had a few drinks. You know, I don't miss alcohol nearly as much as I thought I did. We'll see though, I'm only a few days back into it being an option. I do, however, still love margaritas. YUM! We went back to my parents' place (they were out of town) and had some margaritas and played games. Typical us. 

I decided to be "wild" and ordered a rum and coke. It was super disappointing as I realized that white rum in a R&C is just not the same as spiced rum. It was my first drink after Lent, and I wondered if I'd just lost my taste for alcohol all together! (Spoiler alert: I didn't).

David took out his camera and took some real pictures this weekend, so sorry not sorry for the dozens of pictures of the kids. Too hard to choose! 


His eyes used to be so blue! I'm confused. They're more grey/green/blue now. Quite similar to David's actually, but I wonder if Emilia's will change...



Wearing his Darth Vader shirt, building his Kylo Ren potato head

Friday highlight every week: the garbage truck!





Dom refused his nap, so he was miserable in the afternoon. I set him up with some TV so I could get something done, and plunked Emilia down on the other end of the couch. She gradually scooted her way over, grabbed a book, and snuggled up with her big brother. As my mom would say, "Warms a mother's heart."

Saturday we puttered around the house and got some things done. We found a free shelf in our neighborhood that is just what I'd been looking for for Dom's closet. Got to organize his room a bit and get all those boxes off his floor finally! I also got on my hands and knees and scrubbed half our balcony with a brush to get all the green slime off. It looks SO much better. Dom helped, too! We tried to arrange an Easter dinner with all my brothers, but as it turns out, Scott & Ashleigh were the only ones who could make it. They came over and Scott made us a delicious dinner. Pan-fried chicken breasts with demi-glaze, asparagus, colorful carrots and smashed potatoes. Deeeeeeelectable! After the kids went to bed, it was another batch of margaritas and some more games. Somehow we were up past 11pm two days straight. (Yawn)!

"Let's Avocuddle" <3 She has all of a sudden (literally over this weekend) become a little Daddy's girl. She will reach for him and give him the biggest smiles and giggles.

Emilia playing in Dom's firehouse. They both love playing with that thing; every day after Dom's nap they get some play time in.

Dom changing the puppy's diaper

The few stuffed animals saved from my childhood. I had dozens and dozens of them. There are a few I can think of that I wish I'd held on to, but the kids had fun with these, too!

Helping me out with the cleaning

She's a goober

So much giggling

Now Dave has done this with both kids

She's such a little grown-up. Cooking up some toast <3



Sunday morning I contemplated skipping church to go on a family date to IKEA, but as it's Easter and all, we packed up and went to church. I secretly love religious holidays like this because it forces me to get the kids dressed up a little more, and I love their adorable outfits (which we didn't get any pictures of). After church I made a list and tried to go to Costco and the veggie market. I went 0 for 2. They were both closed :(. I made a pit stop at Independent and found that stewing beef was on sale! I was debating making beef bourguignon already, so that made my decision. Little did I know, that takes a long time to make. I was standing in the kitchen cooking for nearly an hour and a half, and then it still went in the oven for 2.5 hours. YEESH! Better be worth it! Newsflash. It was!!

Tastes better than it looks.

Monday we were having David's family over for Easter Dinner. I was in charge of chicken, stoofpeertjes, vegatables and gravy. Somehow throughout the course of the morning I accomplished MANY things: Veggie market/Costco, chopping and prepping all the vegetables, carving the chicken, making stoofpeertjes, making gravy, making chicken stock, doing all the dishes and cleaning the house. I may have felt like a super human. Dinner was delicious and we had the addition of ham, coleslaw, buns, mashed potatoes and apple crisp! I definitely ate way too much food!! 


Uncle Kyle, or Kyla as Dom calls him

Matching dresses!!




Silly Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment