Thursday 18 April 2019

Thankful Thursday - 177

This week I am thankful for...

1. Positive response to my blog. I posted a vulnerable, honest post this week about my reflections on alcohol. I was a little nervous and hesitant, but there was an overwhelmingly positive response. Thank you!

2. Gorgeous sunsets. The other evening Dave got up and ran out of the house as he foresaw this amazing sunset. He just missed the sun peeking over the horizon, but what incredible colours!



3. Accountability. Our small group started a marriage series yesterday. It got us talking about good and bad habits we have in our marriage in daily life. One of the bad habits we all related to was our phone use. I've been wanting to figure out the phone thing for a really long time, and am going to try again! On our way home, I felt convicted to delete the Facebok app off my phone. I feel so free, not picking up my phone and completely automatically finding FB, opening it, and mindlessly scrolling. It's only day 1, but fingers crossed I (we) can kick this habit!

4. Big Girl! We finally bought Emilia her big girl car seat. We got the Clek Foonf as it was on sale, but still $566 after tax *insert pained face here*. It'll be nice to get it installed and have both the kids in their matching seats! Hopefully she'll still sleep in the car from time to time!



Passed out after some play time at Katrina's. Don't mind her eye... she just fell off our bed he other day and I caught her with my foot... Darn reflexes. (Old car seat)

5. TULIPS! 2/3 of my tulips have now bloomed! The other one is holding out a little longer. So proud.




6. Dom's art. In the last month or two Dom has suddenly developed a desire to make art. Painting, coloring, etc. We were coloring some pictures, and Dom was saying, "Mom! Look! Mom! Look!" I glanced over and said, "wow. it's a masterpiece." Dom looks at it and goes, "Yaaaaa.... a MASTERPIECE!" and he now refers to it strictly as his masterpiece. I love his rapidly developing language. 


Check out that thing of beauty.

I think it's good, especially as we go into this Easter weekend, to think about what we have to be thankful for. I love this weekly exercise. Keeps me from taking too many things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment