Thursday 11 April 2019

Thankful Thursday - 176

I guess I shouldn't skip two weeks in a row!
This week I'm thankful for...

1. Dom and Emilia being close in age. They're starting to "play" more together, and more similarly. Mostly it's still Dom bossing her around and her doing her own thing, but every so often they are so sweet together. In the below picture, we were trying to get her 11 month photo done for this week and Dom felt left out so he climbed onto the couch and sat right on top of her while she giggled away. You can see her tiny feet sticking out under his legs.



2. Babysitters! My mom got two 4 hours of babysitting for us from a silent auction, and we cashed one in this week! We finally got to go see Adam and Aly's new place, and they made us a DELICIOUS Italian dinner with appetizers and all. I also have to add that I did not cheat on my Lent (no alcohol), even though there was a nice bottle of wine open. *Pats self on back*. We are also incredibly blessed with lots of family who is willing to "babysit" for free frequently. (Babysit in quotes, because I don't consider it babysitting if it's family, more like hanging out). 




3. Hummingbird!! Our neighbours in the unit next to us moved out recently. They had hummingbird feeders, so I wanted to get one so the birds would still have a food source close by! I set it up last weekend, but hadn't seen anything. I went to clean it and noticed it was empty. I thought, "What a piece of crap. It's leaking so much apparently!" I cleaned and re-filled it, and a couple hours later we were sitting down to dinner and Dom points and goes, "Mommy!!! Bird eating!" Lo and behold, our first hummingbird (that we saw) was out there! I got slightly over-dramatically proud about it, and am now so excited every time a bird comes by. Dom is constantly asing about the hummingbirds (hummerbirds). 



4. Sensory Play. Dom is finally at the right age for his sensory rice bucket! He sat and played for an extended time all by himself, and neatly, keeping all the rice in the box! He loves fine motor play, putting grains of rice in the Duplo holes, or into the little hole in the bottom of the bath toy. Of course his box has cars too. I made up some rainbow rice the other day for his box. I haven't quite been brave enough to mix it all up just yet; it looks so pretty all organized like this! 





Another quiet way he plays, driving and parking his cars in a line. Always with remarkably accurate engine sounds, and occasionally a screech as the car pulls into its parking spot. 

Tonight I'm hosting a Norwex party, so I better get off here to go clean. Hard to get people to buy cleaning products in a dirty house... 

No comments:

Post a Comment