Thursday 19 July 2018

Thankful Thursday - 141

First things first... DOMINIC AND EMILIA HAVE A COUSIN!
Rachel and Kyle had a baby girl!
Rebecca Michelle Van Dijk
Born July 16 @ 336 am
8lb 10oz. 


She is such a beautiful little girl! CHECK OUT THAT HAIR! As someone who had a completely bald baby, and another one with light hair, this is very exciting



I'm finding it easier to be thankful this week. There are a few reasons that probably is!

1. I am back on Wellbutrin. I have been taking Wellbutrin XL 150mg for a week now. I went off it when I became pregnant with Dominic, so well over 2 years ago. I've been doing okay lately, but finding my anxiety was getting the better of me and I was overreacting to relatively small inconveniences or stressors. I am a much better person being on this medication. I'm more motivated, more productive, and much more rational. Hooray!

2. My mom came to babysit yesterday! My mom came over for a few hours on Wednesday to hang out with Dom so I could have a break. I used my break to clean our bathroom, vacuum our bedroom, do and fold 4 loads of laundry and go to Talize. I was more productive today than I've been in weeks



Now for other things to be thankful for...

3. Thrift Shopping. What what. what. what. {Sorry. I had to}. I LOVE a good deal. I normally hate shopping because I hate spending money on myself (I should probably get over that some day). I went to bring a huge box of clothes I decided I'll probably never fit into again, and came out with a bunch of awesome finds!


4 patterned tank tops that could be breastfeeding friendly & 5 pairs of shorts. I got one pair of total mom shorts. I was embarrassed to even try them on, but I actually like them. They come up high enough to cover my baby pouch and are long enough that I don't feel like a wannabe 19 year old again. I also picked up a pair of swim trunks for Dom. My total? $43!

4. A new laptop. I use my laptop every day, but not for very much. Uploading photos, using Lightroom & Photoshop, writing my blog, doing David's taxes and watching the news in the morning. The old one took at least 7 minutes to load Photoshop, and it would bog down the whole thing and freeze it up. David found this laptop on sale ($250 off!) and used some of his business savings to buy it for me/us. 



5. Productivity. As I mentioned above I am feeling more productive. I have completed my squat challenge (200 squats!) and intend to continue doing those squats at least 4 times per week to keep up my strength. I also decided to (finally) get working on a 2016 and 2017 photo book! In three days I'm almost done 2016 and over halfway done 2017. I can't wait to finish them and get them printed!




No other pictures of me being productive, so here are a couple of the reasons I'm often not productive! 

I'm having a hard time with Dom lately. He's a perfectly normal 18 month old, but he's the size/weight of a 3 or 4 year old. He wants to be carried a lot, he throws tantrums, and he doesn't know his own size. Can anyone else with giant babies relate? I have to very consciously remind myself that he's only a year and a half, and I can't expect 3/4 yr old behaviours from him. I often catch myself comparing him to other kids his size, but who are much older and more mature than him. 
Lucky for him, other than the tantrums, he is in the funnest stage! Such a goob.

Kisses for Yaya! <3

6. A beach day. I have a summer bucket list of things to do with Dom this summer, and we can cross off go to the beach! I hope we go more this summer though, because Dom absolutely LOVED it. I really enjoyed watching him branch out and be a little more adventurous.



7. A Playdate! Katrina, Kerriann and I used to get together every Wednesday when we were all on maternity leave. This week we got together again for a little play date at Katrina's. Dom thought Henry was hilarious. 




Bums up watching the "gas truck" outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment