Monday 9 July 2018

Emilia - 2 Months




We will be weighing and measuring her at our Dr. Appointment tomorrow, but here's an educated guess on weight based on a home scale last week! I will update it tomorrow :)

Weight: 11 lb 14 oz. (70th percentile)
Height: 59.5cm/23.43 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 39cm (70th percentile)



Likes:
  • When I sing to her, or talk in a sing-songy voice. 
  • Bath time
  • The Beluga Baby wrap
  • Her Love to Dream Swaddle sleep-sack. We will have to start un-swaddling her soon I suppose (I think the standard for un-swaddling is around 8 weeks).
  • Her little rocker chair. We have a little ball and bird thing hanging from it, and that bird gets more smiles and coos than we ever could. 

Dislikes:
  • There isn't much she dislikes at this age, but she gets fussy when she's over-tired and has a really hard time settling. Mostly she is just the easiest baby ever. (So far...)
  • She doesn't like to be handled too much. I find if she starts getting fussy in someone's arms, she will calm right down and cheer up if we put her down. She needs her space, just like her mom! Haha


Notes:
  • Wearing mostly size 3 and 3-6 month clothing and size 1 diapers
  • Lots of coos and gurgles now
  • She is such a happy, easy-going baby 90% of the time. I can go whole days without her crying (other than waking up from a nap to get our attention). After having Dominic, this is SUCH a nice surprise! I now realize what a normal baby is supposed to be like!
  • She is generally really good at self-soothing and putting herself to sleep. There are lots of developmental changes coming, and I'm prepared for this to go haywire, but for now I'll enjoy it!
  • She often tries to stand up in our laps already
  • She was the perfect guest at her first wedding up on Grouse Mountain for Ashley & Brian! She napped in the wrap, was happy, and let us eat our dinner. 
  • We moved her to her own room around 7 weeks, and by 8 weeks she was sleeping through the night! She's made it 3 straight nights now with no wake ups!! Hooray!! She's sleeping in the propped up bassinet in her Love to Dream swaddle. 

A Typical Day (what we aim for anyway, we have a life too...)
0630: Wake up & Feed
0730-0930: Nap 1
0930: Feed
1030-1230: Nap 2
1230: Feed
130-330: Nap 3
330: Feed
430-630: Nap 4
730: Bed

After we did the photos with the bear I had some time to kill before her next nap, so I brought out the camera again and did another little photo shoot with her. It's way too hard to pick a favorite, so here are some cute, very similar pictures haha! I have such terrible option paralysis.


Blinking or sleeping?


Am I allowed to be jealous of my own child's smooth skin, blue eyes and huge pink lips?


Mom, are you done yet? I'm getting tired.



You can see a bald spot on the back of her head starting already :( 
That's from sleeping on her back and rubbing on the sheets. Dom was a tummy sleeper (and basically bald already) so he didn't get this. 

In order to get a smiling shot I knew I had to stick her in her chair with the bird toy. Never fails! Her hair looks orange in this picture, but in real life it looks more light brown. Who knows!


No comments:

Post a Comment