Wednesday 25 July 2018

Buntzen Lake - Beach Day

My mom and I took the kids to Bunzten Lake this morning for some time at the beach. We were out of the house by 850 and arrived at the beach around 930. It's a bit of the drive, but the kids were both pretty good!

Dominic is typically scared of water, but he actually waded in ON HIS OWN up to his knees and enjoyed it. Big win. I think it helps that the water is warmish and super clear so he can still see his toes. 

He dug in the sand and splashed around in the water for a while, and then came up to our table to have a snack (which actually ended up being his lunch). He spent a lot of time pointing out the animals around us. We saw ducks, a squirrel/chipmunk thing and LOTS of crows. Dom pointed to every crow and flapped his arms. 


Emilia, my usual angel child, had a bit of a screaming fit while we were there. This is VERY not like her. It's only happened once before that I can remember, and it was after I had chili for dinner. Oh.. shoot.. I realized I had chili last night for dinner too. NUTS!! It's so delicious, but I guess I can't eat that anymore :(. I threw her in the wrap and she fell asleep until we got home. Phew!
This bout of screaming/crying was reminiscent. It reminded me of almost every day with Dominic at this age. How did we do it?! I could hardly handle 10 minutes of it today with Em. It's so sad to see them in pain. 

We live in such a beautiful province. I haven't been out to enjoy it much, but I'm determined to do more adventurous things this summer and so far I haven't regretted it!
 
Look how clear the water is! Dominic was watching some other kids play and pointing out some boats. All very exciting.



Throwing some sand
 

Oma didn't forget to pack the trucks!

Little miss Yaya. Pre screaming fit. She's so pretty <3


Hanging out with Oma

Dominic LOVES playing with cars - in particular, trucks and tractors

I often feel silly packing this wrap along with me everywhere I go, but boy did it ever come in handy today! You never know when baby might be fussy or just need a nap! Never fails. I highly recommend the Beluga Baby wrap for this age. We have an Ergo 360 as well and love that, but we prefer that for a bigger baby and for longer walks. 
 
Goodbye beach. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment