Thursday 5 July 2018

Thankful Thursday - 139

This week I am thankful for...

1. Four Generations. There aren't many people out there that have the privilege of taking a photo like this. 
Affina (Fien) Jane - 1931
Carolyn Fien - 1967
Renee Affina - 1991
Emilia Carolyn - 2018




2. David's flexibility. It is David's (super) busy season right now, so he is working 10+ hour days a lot of the time. He often works during the weekend as well. Sometimes this sucks because I hardly get to see him (he is up before I am, and I go to bed before he's done), it allows him the flexibility to be there for the family. He will often get Dom up in the morning and feed him breakfast, and pop in for a quick bite to eat at lunch, and then is almost always home for dinner and bedtime. He can come upstairs for 20 minutes to be with us or help me out, and then go back down to work. This is a luxury not many people have, and we do not take it for granted. His ability to self-schedule also allows him to help out with Dr. Appointments, trips to the zoo, and anything else that comes up.


Pre-bedtime snuggles one evening.

3. Chatterbox. Dominic doesn't have a lot of clear words, but the past week or so his "language" has totally exploded. He is chattering and babbling non-stop at home. It is largely total jibberish, but I love it!







4. Canada Day! So proud to be a part of this country and all it represents. 


July 1, 2017

July 1, 2018

5. Yards. We don't have much of a yard at our place, so I'm grateful there are friends and family in the area we can visit that have yards. So fun for Dom to run around and play and explore.

Eating a carrot fresh from Amy & Brent's garden


Not a yard, but too cute not to share! Eli at 21 months, with Emilia at 8 weeks. 

Helping out at Gramma & Grandpa's


Although our yard is small, I am grateful for the outdoor space we do have. We have a table set up on our front patio and it's lovely to sit out there in the shade for dinner.

6. Squat Challenge. I started up my squat challenge again, and just completed day 18 now. My max so far is 135, and by day 30 I'll be doing 200 squats!


My cheerleader

7. Storytime in the Park. Today was the first of two "Storytime in the Park" days this summer. I went out with Dom and Em and I survived! I always get anxious before going out with both of them by myself, but I'm trying very hard to not let that get in the way. It is most often worth it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment