Monday 4 July 2016

13 WEEKS (PEACH): Jun 26-Jul 2

13 Weeks (PEACH):



What the?! I keep saying we have to take our pictures in the morning, but... we keep forgetting. Or being busy... Oh well. These are more evening shots of my bloaty belly! Getting there!
  • Baby is now the size of a peach! That is a crown-to-rump length of about 3 inches. The size of a peach, and apparently about as hairy! Baby is covered in a layer of hair that will likely be gone by the time he/she is born, to protect him/her from the fluid they're floating in!
  • I read somewhere that the baby is already developing fingerprints that will be unique to this little human! 
  • I have been feeling good to start this week off. Don't really have any complaints!
  • Feeling quite bloated. Like my belly is expanding. I guess that could be because it IS expanding!
  • It is tough to suck in my stomach now. I can definitely not ever get it flat like it used to be! I have given up trying to button up my jeans. Elastic band trick for the win!
  • I have been getting headaches a lot at work lately, so I finally booked a massage. I didn't have a single one during my whole first trimester! What was I thinking?! I thought massage therapists may not treat you during early pregnancy, but my RMT chuckled and said that's a myth, and anything I do day to day is more likely to harm the baby than anything he could/would do. Nuts! All this time without massages for nothing!
  • I feel almost 100% normal right now. It is so hard to believe I'm pregnant. Even when I tell people I feel like I'm joking... 
  • My breasts started getting sore again this week. 
  • *TMI* - my breasts are finally big enough to fill out a bathing suit... This is a big deal people! For those ladies out there with flat chests, you understand how exciting this is!
  • Round ligament pains! The ligaments in my abdomen that support my uterus are stretching and thinning out as my uterus grows. For me (and most other women) this causes sharp jabbing cramp-like pains that only last a couple seconds at a time. Sometimes they'll catch me off-guard and I'll have to stop to take a quick breath. Usually I can play it off as if nothing is happening. To me, this is not such an annoyance right now, and more exciting as I'll take any reminder I can get that things are developing in there! They say these shouldn't really get going until 14 weeks (second trimester), but maybe I'm growing early? Baby better know it has to stay in there until after January 1st! :)
This brings us to the end of the first trimester! ALREADY?! 1/3 of the way there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment