Monday 27 June 2016

12 WEEKS (LARGE PLUM): Jun 19-25

12 Weeks (LARGE PLUM):

I sort of feel like I'm pushing it out... If I flexed a little or tightened my core things wouldn't look so bumpy. For these photos I try to relax though. I think now that my "weeks" start on Sundays, we should try move to morning pictures. I guarantee my bump will be almost non-existent! It's very different from morning to night, after I've had all day to eat and drink! I can't wait until it's big and solid!
  • That's right... not just ANY plum... a LARGE plum! Baby is 2.5 inches long now (crown to rump, so this does not include his/her little legs). 
  • Baby is almost fully formed, and will take the next 28 weeks to mature.
  • Baby's bone marrow has already started producing white blood cells!
  • 11 weeks felt like a short one... because it was! Since my due date got moved up, my "new week" moved from Tuesdays to Sunday, cutting 11 weeks short by two days!
  • A common symptom in this week is "dizzy spells". I have definitely noticed an increase in head-rushes every single time I stand up. This is due to my expanding circulatory system not having enough blood to fill it. This causes low blood pressure and light-headedness. I already have low blood pressure to begin with, so I have to be extra careful. 
  • Nearing the end of first trimester and I can't wait for my energy to return! We had a busy weekend with Janine's wedding, so I'm feeling a little extra fatigued as I hit 12 weeks. I think I'm rounding the corner as the week goes on though! I went all day Monday without a nap! This is a big deal...
  • I've been noticing my sense of smell is much more sensitive than it was pre-pregnancy. For example, my parents watched Sherlock one evening for us, and when we picked him up I stayed in the car and David brought him out to me. All I could smell was the fact that Mom & Dad had Pho for dinner! I was being greeted by our smelly pup, but all I could smell on him was Pho. 
  • Maybe it was the wedding and the fatigue that went along with it, but I started this week out feeling a little extra emotional. I may have cried rather dramatically at the ending of Cool Runnings... I also may have started crying before the ending because I was thinking about it. Such a great story!
  • Baby brain? There are things that come out of my mouth at times, and I just don't know where they come from. I frequently severely embarrass myself by either sounding rude, crude, crass, inappropriate, or just daft. Things sound okay in my head, and then I blurt them out, and it is not the same. Is this a symptom of baby brain? I wonder if I can't think of the words I intend to use, so something else comes out instead? Anyway, I apologize to anyone if I have unintentionally offended you! Haha I mean no harm!.
  • Contemplating purchasing a Fetal Doppler. This would allow us to listen to baby's heartbeat at home. It could become a nightly ritual before we go to bed, or a weekly ritual on Sunday's when we enter new weeks. Since I can't feel the baby yet, and don't have many symptoms, I wonder if it will help it to feel more real, and help the bonding time with baby? 
  • Starting to think about some of the big purchases that are coming up (stroller, new car, car seats, crib, etc). Thank goodness I've been saving for years to have a baby! Going to be an expensive life from hereon in!
  • Many people have been commenting on my "baby bump", particularly when I was wearing a tight dress at Janine's wedding. I appreciate all the compliments on my "cute little round belly", however I'm still fairly convinced it's mostly pasta and bagels. Haha! At least my food baby is cute and round? I can't wait for the day I "pop" and my belly becomes a little more solid and I can feel confident that it is in fact baby belly and not carb belly. For now though, I'll take the compliments! Might as well rock this food baby! It's the only time in life people will comment positively on it!
  • Is it possible to feel the baby move at this point? At 12 weeks & 4 days, I felt a strange feeling in my uterus. It was like a... poking... or almost scraping(?). Scraping doesn't feel like the right word, but it felt like a moving poking... I don't know. It definitely wasn't gas, but it also could have just been my uterus stretching. It was localized though, it didn't feel like other stretching cramps. I would describe it as a mini punching or pinching or rolling? It was like there was a fingertip inside my pelvis moving around like tickling almost...It only lasted 10 or 20 seconds or so, but I wonder... It's still pretty early to feel the baby move, but I suppose it's possible? I'll know for sure in some weeks when I really start feeling it!
    *Update, I felt it once or twice for a brief moment later on in the week as well*
  • Someone told me I look "happy". I wonder if this could be my pregnancy glow, caused by increased blood volume, or if I was just smiley that day!
  • I went bra shopping and bought two new bras. Not very exciting, until I tell you they were a bigger size than I've ever bought for myself! YAY! It's finally happening! Haha
Not to be outdone, here's our first born enjoying the photo-shoot from the sidelines! Love him!

Here's a little comparison of 6 weeks to 12 weeks of my "belly" I guess you can see the change here... My boobs and belly are definitely more "fatty" and round than before. It's hard to notice the progress when I see me every day. Also I look super tired in the second photo... but that was the day after the wedding so I was feeling a little haggard! Final disclaimer... second photo looks quite a bit larger, but I think it's a little closer up. I couldn't figure out the cropping in the internet program I used to put the two together (not that I tried very hard)!



No comments:

Post a Comment