Thursday 21 July 2016

Thankful Thursday - 51

This week I am feeling COMPLETELY over-whelmed at work, but I still have to find things to be grateful for...

1. Puppies! The other day Mac brought some of the puppies from the litter at his house in to play. They were just tiny little fluff-balls! He brought three of the five over the course of the day. Nothing like puppy snuggles to speed up your work day on a Friday!



This guy was a trooper. His first time away from siblings and mommy, and trotted around the office like he owned the place! Nice to see that confidence. 

David was in the area after a shoot so even he got in on the action! holding a tiny black puppy in this photo.

This little fella was super sleepy and cuddly when we first got there, before becoming playful and running around!

2. Local places to walk. On Sunday, David and I took Sherlock out to Derby Reach for a walk and a swim. Let's be honest. Sherlock didn't care about playing with the other dogs in the off-leash. All he saw was water; he just wanted to swim! We threw the ball in the water for a bit, then set up the blanket in the field and played fetch for some bonus fun. I love that everything is so close, and if we try, we can always find somewhere special to take Sherlock (and ourselves). 


Action shot!

The beautiful... muddy Fraser River

3. Some Reassurance. I keep feeling like I'm pretending and this whole pregnancy thing isn't real! I had a midwife appointment this week and got to hear baby's little healthy heartbeat which was pretty special. Not enough though! Even after this I still find myself thinking it's all pretend, I'm going to wake up and it's all going to be a dream. I took the liberty of making a little side-by-side comparison of my belly photo from 7 weeks to 15 weeks. Staring at this for a good 15 minutes things started to feel a little more real... I noticed some of the changes in my body. No more denial that my body is changing! It's not just all the extra bagels and cinnamon buns I eat... There's a baby in there that's messing with my hormones and emotions and causing my body to grow all over! 


I guess it's official that my body is growing now eh! I've gone up a bra size, and am wearing maternity jeans from time to time now.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how you don't really notice a change day to day, but when you look at a comparison like that you can really see it! You look great!

    ReplyDelete