Thursday 14 July 2016

Thankful Thursday - 50

50 Thankful Thursday posts? That's pretty cool! I'll throw in a couple extra things this week.

This week I am grateful for...

1. Paying off David's student loans! Instead of paying interest on David's student loans, we decided to decrease the amount of money in our savings account and pay off the last of them so we were no longer paying monthly payments including interest. We then used the money from the monthly payments to go towards our car payments, making that seem like less of a hit! Our savings account is definitely dwindling between the student loans and car down payment, but overall we are in a better position than before! At least we got 0% financing on the vehicle!! 

2. When meals turn out great. There is a recipe in my Looneyspoons cookbook called "Better Butter Chicken" (Here is a recipe I found online). It's a much lower fat version of butter chicken, and I used to make it all the time. The past couple batches I made disappointed me. They were lacking in flavor, and once the rotisserie chicken I bought shredded and made it look like some nasty slop. I decided to give it one more go, and I couldn't be happier! It turned out delicious. Gotta love when all that hard work pays off!




3. Meal plan. I'd been feeling totally overwhelmed by life, and decided making a menu plan would help me out. Every week, on Sunday or during the day on Monday, David will go out and do the grocery shopping. Then on the way home from work Monday, I'll run by the veggie market to stock up on produce for the week. This saves us money, and saves me a LOT of stress and time!


It's definitely not pretty, but it works! Let's hope I can keep it up month to month.

4. Winning! It's such a great feeling when you win something (like a raffle or scratch & win). It's like a little high. David and I won a dinner for two at Amici restaurant in West Vancouver from our raffle tickets we purchased at a fundraiser for the BC Hearing Foundation. Last time we went to this dinner, we won a luncheon cruise up the Indian Arm! Fun! 



5. Delicious sweets. They say developing a sweet-tooth means you're having a girl. I still feel like I'm having a boy, but who knows! I sure have been diving into the sweets lately.



6. Our 2016 Calendar. Last year I made a calendar for 2016 through Shutterfly. The whole calendar is pictures of our Sherly! Every month it's so exciting to flip the page and see what cuteness awaits us. Sure, we have the real thing right in front of us, but looking back on these sweet puppy pictures is the best kind of reminiscing!


Seriously. How did we score such a cutie?!

No comments:

Post a Comment