Friday 15 July 2016

Just Another Busy July Weekend!

Things seem to be so crazy and busy lately. This is probably why I've been so tired! I'm sleeping fine... just people tired... 
I'm realizing suddenly that I can't do all the things I want to do. This includes visiting all the people I want to visit, and now I all of a sudden I have an urge to do things like: tubing behind a boat, water-slides, roller coasters, bungee jumping, brewery tour, sky-diving, river rafting... all the things that have been taken away from me! Since when have I ever wanted to go to the water-slides?! Strange. 

Anyway, I still find ways to keep busy and enjoy myself. This is what we got up to this past weekend and the beginning of this week. There were many errands we ran!


Saturday started off as a lazy morning. Sherlock took advantage of not being locked up on the weekends! Stinker...


We hit up the bottle depot to finally return the bottles we had in the garage. The majority of them were from David's birthday party back in March! {Embarrassed}

Saturday evening we went to Mom & Dad's and had a family dinner and games night with the whole fam-jam. Adam and Jeff made a delicious gnocci in some cheesy goodness sauce, along with Italian sausages and grilled vegetables. 

Sunday after David and I taught Sunday School, we picked up Courtney and headed out to Harrison for the day! Scott did a bike-a-thon from Brentwood Mall to Harrison to raise money for the hearing impaired. We opted to go out there to pick him up!

It wasn't hot out, but it was a nice day for a walk on the boardwalk before dinner. There is a sit-down dinner we got tickets to from Aunty Sonya & Uncle Anthony. 

David and I bought $40 worth of raffle tickets (the above picture is $10 worth we got for my parents), and we ended up winning a $125 value dinner for to at Amici Restaurant in West Van! Will have to save that until I can drink again!

Killing time at the hotel


Yummy dessert at the dinner! Key-lime pie cheesecake? I don't know, but I've had a sweet-tooth lately, so I enjoyed it! 

Monday, as you may already know, was 7-11 FREE SLURPEE DAY! It's been a verrrrry long time since I've had a slurpee, but it was free... so why not indulge! {I don't know how I used to be able to drink an X-Large slurpee in one sitting. Just this tiny one was almost too much for me now!}

After slurpees it was time for a trip to Homesense. We almost didn't buy anything, and then David made me buy this book. I'd been looking for it in libraries all over, but might as well have my own copy! I'm planning to sell it after I'm done with it, so I'll try my best to keep it in excellent condition!

YUM! Tuesday brought us to Ikea. We didn't buy anything, so at the end treated ourselves to some cinnamon buns and a decaf coffee. Again... I have to pull out all the stops to satisfy this abnormal sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment