Monday 11 July 2016

14 WEEKS (LEMON): Jul 3-9

14 Weeks (LEMON):


Gonna have to change up the leggings soon I think! Creating a funny bump! :)

  • What's this?! I'm officially in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy! Alright! Bring on the great things I keep hearing about! The increased energy, super-charged libido, happy feel-good hormones, beautiful pregnancy glow, little flutters and kicks in my belly, and finding out our baby's gender! Our next midwife appointment is next week, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again!
  • Baby is now 3.5-4 inches long, and is moving around with more fluid motions than the previous jerky twitches. 
  • Baby may be sprouting hair and eyebrows already! I love baby eyebrows. I think they're the cutest things ever.
  • The roof of baby's mouth is forming now, and their face has muscles to grimace and smile, which they're practicing now!
  • Baby's liver has started producing bile, the spleen has started producing red blood cells, and kidneys have started producing urine!
  • I've been continuing to have round ligament pain. They typically show up while exercising or with sudden movements. 
  • Breasts are a little tender around the outsides, which means they may be growing again. Just don't grow out of my brand new bras!!
  • Less urgency to pee! I have slept through the night two nights straight without getting up to pee, despite keeping well hydrated throughout the day. This is supposedly caused by my uterus gradually lifting and moving upwards out of my pelvis. Yay! I'll cherish these moments before baby starts pushing down and sitting on my bladder again. 
  • My energy is returning...? I have been noticing this the past couple weeks, and it is a welcome event! I can't wait to get going on nesting and prepping now that I have the energy to think of such things! I typed this at the beginning of week 14, and then as the week progresses I am finding myself napping every day again! I have the energy to organize and cook and plan, but I definitely am more tired than I was the past two weeks! Bummer! Maybe I'm just doing too much. 
  • They say increased appetite should be a symptom now... I feel like mine has been increased for weeks already. This is probably because it never really decreased due to nausea. I don't think I've skipped a meal this entire pregnancy. I've definitely eaten substitutes for what I had cooked for dinner. Example. Cooked burgers, decided no longer wanted burgers, ate oranges and cheerios for dinner. That counts as a meal right?
  • I've noticed the mood swings starting up. At the cabin I was floating out on Beer Island (with my non-alcoholic punch) and I got really upset thinking about going home, and then the next minute overcome with love and excitement for the baby, and then crying again thinking about the stress of life, and then excited again about going on maternity leave. It's all very confusing for me. I can't imagine how poor David feels!.
  • Pregnancy brain is a real thing! I open my mouth to speak and just a garbled mess of sounds comes out sometimes. I have a harder time picking words, and I have a tendency to give up and stop mid-thought. This is only the beginning I suppose! 
  • I'm irritable at times. No explanation needed for this right? Haha... just know it is often irrational, but I can usually talk in circles until I figure out what's actually bothering me!

1 comment: