Thursday 31 December 2015

Thankful Thursday - 26

Since I missed Thankful Thursday last week, I'll throw in a couple extras this week!

I am grateful for...

1. Spending Time with Family. This seems general/vague, but I love the frequency we get together with family over the holidays. They are some of my best friends. I wish it could be like this all the time!





2. Hearty Dutch Meals. Stamppot with Rookworst. Enough said? It's a traditional dutch meal of mashed potatoes, carrots and onions topped with beef gravy and rookworst. We always eat ours with cold crunchy pickles too. Worth a try if you haven't had it before! Delicious!



3. A Successful Year. 2015 may not have been exactly what I expected, but how boring would that be if everything went according to plan? GASP! Who am I and what have I done with Renee? Even though things didn't go exactly how I expected this year, it allowed us to buy a house, enjoy our summer to the fullest, take a trip to Orlando, spend relatively frivolously over the holidays and enjoy our time together with our little family.


Still loving our home! Feels surreal even after 4 months.

Have really enjoyed watching Sherlock grow up this year!

So grateful for this trip to Orlando. We will have to go to LA when the HP World opens up there! Another impromptu vacation? Grad trip for Scott?

4. Earthquake Awareness. I slept right through the 4.7 magnitude earthquake the other day, but I hear it was quite the jolt! It seemed to shake everyone up pretty bad (pun intended). Hopefully it will be enough to get us all going on our emergency kits and plans. I know we still have to figure something out in case there is a natural disaster leaving us without power, water, cell reception, etc. Now we have had a little warning of what's to come!



Fun fact(?): The earthquake in Japan in 2011 was a 9.0 magnitude, which is 3,000,000 times stronger than the little one we felt the other day! "The Big One" that is expected at some point will likely be in that range. 


5. Puppies! Sherlock's mom, Ruby, had her second litter last Thursday! While we don't get to bring one of these fluff-balls home, we still will get to visit them once they're 3 weeks old! Can't wait for that.


Ruby with two of her 4 puppies at just a few days old

Little red-headed guinea pigs! Love

We have much to be grateful for. 
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year! Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment