Wednesday 30 December 2015

The Last of the Christmas Festivities

December 29th was the last Christmas party of the season for me! Until the work party on January 8th, but that's so far after Christmas it hardly seems the same!

Sunday, December 27th was the Gerber Christmas gathering. We had our last church service in the gym, and then moved everything to the new church building and started setting up. From here I headed home to make my cranberry & cream cheese dip for the party. 

Love our Ninja Blender!

At 3pm we all headed out to Opa and Oma's in the SNOW! I was very excited to have snow, especially because it didn't stick around much, or make the roads too slippery.


We had turkey and ham for dinner with all the classic trimmings to go along with it! 
Laura also made a delicious Christmas Sangria!

Apples infused with vodka and wine? Count me in!

All together there were...37 people there! Wow... We were even missing a few members that couldn't make it. In the next few years this number could grow even more as some of us grand-children think about starting families. 

I always find it hard to connect on a deeper level with people at such a big party. I much prefer smaller groups of no more than 8 people typically. I think part of my 2016 goal will be to be more intentional with getting together with extended family members in smaller groups. 

Monday we had David's parents and Aunty Val over for dinner. I forgot to take pictures, but I made canneloni! Always a crowd pleaser!

Tuesday was the De Jong family Christmas gathering. We had a "smaller" group this year (still 20 people), as we were missing over 10 people. As mentioned above, I prefer smaller groups. This was a very enjoyable evening for me. 

This is Henry, the dog Sonya and Anthony are sitting for right now. He's a sweetheart!

We ate delicious food, drank delicious wine, played fun games and had conversations out by the fire.

Amazing cheese plate Sonya put together!

Drinking an Old Fashioned by the fire!

Christmas has been such an amazing time, but so... so busy. December 23-29 we had something going on every evening! 

I think New Years will be a night in for us this year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment