Thursday 29 October 2015

Thankful Thursday - 19

This week I'm thankful for...

1. Sherlock's quick recovery. Sherlock was neutered a week ago, and he's recovering very well. He doesn't seem to notice there is anything different, so that's great. It's still a struggle to keep him mentally/physically tired enough to not be a nuisance when we can't take him for the long walks we typically do. A few more days of that before we can start up again!

2. Fun Halloween decorations! Our new neighborhood goes crazy for Halloween! I'll post some more pictures after Halloween night of the other decorations around the neighborhood, but here's one prime example. Anyone recognize that car? They dressed up their old car to look like the one in Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets! Spiders and all. Love the creativity. I'm not typically a huge fan of Halloween decorations - all the blood and guts and gore... I do, however, love when people are a little cheeky or creative with their decorations. 

3. Frequently connecting with my family. I love that our family is so close. We're all friends. We all go out to eat or just to hang out together often. While food, drink and connecting in that environment is our familial love language (is that a thing?... It is now!), it still surprises me how often we get together. We couldn't all make it to Uli's on Sunday, but it was still some nice family bonding time. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. So many halloween decorations!! I'll have to show Kai a picture of that car (I'm so terrified of spiders but he loves Harry Potter).
    2. I hope that my family will be like yours...friends bonding over food!

    ReplyDelete