Monday 2 November 2015

Spooky Halloween!

Our neighborhood goes CRAZY for Halloween.
It feels like every other house is totally decked out. Here are some shots taken around the block.


I wonder if their kids helped with their super scary decorations this year?

Spooky skeleton party!

Maybe it's a little bit (or a lot) tacky, but at least they committed!

Sherlock was a little terrified of these dummies. I may have been slightly concerned as well.

I can't quite figure out how Olaf fits into Halloween. I guess because he's with a pumpkin?

There are 3 or 4 towhouses in a row that all participate in this one set up. It's a lot, but fun for the kids!

Here's another shot of the Harry Potter car. I love it.

Skeleton party! I love the creative use of skeletons around the neighborhood. That's our complex across the street there. Nice places! :)

I'd go camping with these two! I'm sure they have something good in the cooler.

David loves Halloween and everything that goes along with it. Before we were married, he used to go all out in his parent's yard. Fog machines, strobe lights, graveyard, scaring people, etc. Not my cup of tea, but it brings him a lot of joy, so I'll take it!

This year, David was very excited as we saw how "Halloween-ey" our neighborhood was, so he set up our garage with fog machines and strobes, etc. We even carved pumpkins this year. Our first Halloween in the new house! Of course with all the excitement, we forgot to take pictures of his set up...

Did it live up to our expectations? No... Total dud.
We had MAYBE 20 kids. Including the 5 teenagers we convinced to come take candy from down the street. Poor David. So disappointed. The other houses that were less than a block away, but more on the main-drag got 300+ kids!

Next year, we will set up on the other side of our house in the yard that backs onto the street. We figure we'll get more kids that way as they'll be able to see from a distance that there's something going on here!

I must admit though, hearing/seeing David interact with the few little ones we got made me feel warm and fuzzy. Here is something I overheard from the top of the stairs. 

David: "You know what?"
Little Princess: "What?"
David: "You get to take a couple extra candies because you're just so beautiful!"

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I married this man. So so sweet. Even when he doesn't think anyone's watching. We also got to meet some of our neighbors with their little ones as well. I feel like we should go around and introduce ourselves to everyone and bring Halloween candy just to get rid of it! So much left over!

While the trick-or-treating portion of Halloween was a dud, we had Elissa and Michael over, so that more than made up for it! Elissa came over early on and we feasted on dumplings, bread and dip, and stu-garitas (margarita recipe my dad introduced to me). 


Prepping the sushi trimmings

Blondies!

Michael arrived around 7:30, and we made some homemade sushi! By this time I was too full to eat much, but it is always fun to make your own custom sushi rolls!


Michael's mammoth roll. He made two GIANT rolls and managed to eat them both. I don't know how he stays so thin!

My pretty roll before it was cut up. 

David did a great job with his! A little rice-heavy though I'd say.

Elissa made a California roll topped with Smoked Salmon and a Chicken Teriyaki roll. Fancy!

After we were done eating, we went to the living room and played some Harry Potter Monopoly, with Harry Potter movies on in the background. Getting ready to go to Universal Orlando next week!!!


Loving David's HP Monopoly!

Enjoying our Stu-garitas!

Elissa and I ended up joining forces and combining our assets, so the boys decided to do the same. There is no reason they should have lost, but... they did. We kicked their butts!

Just for good measure. Here is Sherlock last year on Halloween!


Hope everyone else had a fun, safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment