Monday 19 October 2015

The Weekend. Never Long Enough!

The past few days were busy for David and I, but all good things again!

Friday
We were given front-row tickets to a Giants game as a housewarming gift for Friday, October 16. 
First, we brought Sherlock over to Uncle Jeff's house to be puppysat. We had dinner with Jeff, and then David and I headed off to the game. It was cool to have that different perspective being right on the boards. It was a good game, and the Giants won! Yay!! David gets to go to a couple more games with the friend that gave us the tickets, so that's a plus as well!

Sherlock having some play time with Uncle Jeff in the front yard!

The Frat House. Many nights spent on this porch sharing a beer or 10

Hanging out with the boys before we head out to the Giants game!

Wait... what's that up on the wall? This calls for some ZOOMAGE!

Are you as confused as I am?

Row 1; Seats 1 & 2!

What a perfect spot to put my beer. Until the players smash each other into the boards!

Our view of the ice

Fun Fact. David and I had our first official date as boyfriend and girlfriend at a Giants game back in 2007!

Yup.... here we are! 8 years ago! Adorable.

Aww. Is it sad that after only 3 years of marriage we hardly ever hold hands? I think we need to do that more. It's such a simple, effective way of showing affection, and making each other feel loved. Physical touch is not my love language. At all. It's something I'll have to work on, as it's a major part of David's love language. 

Saturday
Saturday morning was filled with the typical weekend activities such as vacuuming, clipping dog's nails, tidying, laundry, other chores around the house. 


Poser <3

Got this lovely postcard in the mail from Tom & Juanita in Holland! Snail Mail is definitely a lost art. It feels so special to receive something in the mail. 

At 2pm I went out to Mylana's house as she was hosting a "Welcome Reuben" party for Brittany Groen and her new baby boy. Lots of ladies from the church were there and it was great to get to chat to them outside of the church environment. Also I got to snuggle a precious baby. Doesn't get much better than that!


Baby Reuben. 3 weeks old. He is so so precious!

Mylana did a great job setting up and decorating everything! It was beautiful.

Saturday night David went to a Giants game again with his friend Keith. I took the dog for a walk in the crisp fall air. I then watched Magic Mike XXL. I don't often get evenings on my own, so what do I decide to do?! Watch crap movies! Yes, it was crap. Yes, the plot was non-existent. Yes, the dialogue was horrible. Yes, the content was questionable at times. Yes, their bodies were very nice. Yes, it was ENTERTAINING. I do not regret it. Can't say I'd spend another two hours to watch it again, but I did have a few good chuckles. Nice trashy way to spend the evening(?).

Fall is so beautiful. I love an evening walk in this season.


Sunday
Sunday morning I was playing bass in church (again). After church we did the usual and went to David's parents for brunch and games! In the afternoon, Opa dropped by with Aunty Lani who was visiting from the Kelowna area where she lives. She hadn't seen our house yet, so naturally we wanted to show it off! While she was there, we video-chatted with Aunty Candace from California! Definitely don't get to see her often enough. In the evening we got an invite to go for sushi with Opa and Oma and Aunty Lani. We went to this great place close to our house called Sushi Mori. I would recommend it. 


Lovely evening out!

So great to reconnect with Aunty Lani

Weekends tend to be very busy for us. I feel like there isn't enough time. I never feel rested enough to come back to work on Monday. Monday at work sometimes feels like a break from the craziness of life! I am not complaining though :). We're blessed to have many people to visit and things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment