Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter


Some family friends of ours recently made a trip to Universal Studios - Orlando, and went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Knowing what Harry Potter geeks David and I are, they enthusiastically told us all about it. They informed us we MUST go... BEFORE we have kids. David and I looked at each other and thought... So like... NOW?! 

From that moment on David and I shared knowing glances that seemed to say, "We both know this is happening, but when... and how?"

A couple weeks ago we bit the bullet. I spontaneously bought flights to go to Orlando. We leave November 8 and arrive home November 13. I had that week off work anyway, and our third anniversary is November 10. 

WE ARE SO EXCITED! Almost embarrassingly so.

Visit the Wizarding World of HP website here. Half of the magical world is in one Universal park, and the other half is in the second Universal park. They're connected by, get this... THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS! 

From what we hear, and the reviews we've read, Universal Studios went to great lengths to nail down every detail from the movies and books into this world. They make it seem as though you're really there. Everything from Ollivander's Wand Shop down to real Butterbeer served in the Three Broomsticks. 

We will be spending three days in the Universal Orlando parks, which should be plenty of time. We want to be able to relax, not feel rushed and take lots of photos. 

On our fourth full day, we plan to make a trip down to Sea World. I know... Blackfish... I've seen it, and I don't agree with the treatment. However, I really love seeing animals, and since I was little I've always wanted to go to Sea World. The Vancouver Aquarium just doesn't cut it anymore. 

We opted not to try squeeze Disney World into this vacation, as for our first anniversary we went to Disneyland, and I think we've filled our Disney quota until we go back with our future children. 

It will be a quick trip for us, and we consider it our last hurrah before we (hopefully) have babies! The Harry Potter portion may be small, but they pack a lot in. Aside from the Harry Potter portion, there is still all the other parts of Universal to enjoy! Simpsons, Jurassic Park, many other interesting rides and exhibits...

I just don't think it could get any cooler.

The dragon on top of Gringotts! Apparently it breathes fire every 20 minutes or so. 

David and I are very excited to "geek it out". No shame here. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so going here one day! But not with Brayd because he does not share my Harry Potter enthusiasm... Maybe Henry will go with me :)

    ReplyDelete