Thursday 15 October 2015

Thankful Thursday - 17

This week I am thankful for...

1. The ability to take trips as a couple. David and I have been lucky enough to have the means and time to travel together before we start a family. Since we got married, we've gone to Mexico, LA/Disneyland, Europe, and made many trips to the cabin. We just booked a trip to go to Orlando this November as well. After this, we're settling down. We are normally great savers, and this trip has me a little stressed out! 
Here we are on the Mediterranean on the Celebrity Silhouette in summer 2014. Looking all happy and tanned!

2. A smooth and delicious Thanksgiving. Is it okay to be thankful for Thanksgiving? I'm just grateful that we always all enjoy each other's company as a family, and are able to gather and bond over great food and wine!
I know... repeat picture from my Thanksgiving post. Too good to only post once!

3. Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Toast. Why is it that so many of my "Thankful" things revolve around food? I don't know... BECAUSE I LOVE FOOD?! Yesterday I treated myself and bought a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and snuck it to work. By snuck I mean my husband never knew it existed :). Until now... Anyway, it was nice for me to have something different for breakfast this morning. If David has time in the morning he can make himself a whole fancy breakfast of pancakes or bacon and eggs. It's always just... toast with peanut butter. Putting some butter and sugar on my cinnamon raisin toast makes for a sweet treat as well!
It looks burnt, but it's not. Let's call it caramelized.


2 comments:

  1. I also love cinnamon raisin toast! Do you ever buy it at McGavins' Discount Bakery on the bypass? Just 1.40 a loaf :)
    Love that you two have travelled so much...tad jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not gone there! Will definitely have to do that. That is sooo cheap!
      Also, you've traveled to MANY more places than we have. Especially exotic places! But yes, we consider ourselves very luck to be able to do this. Especially before kids. :)

      Delete