Tuesday 30 March 2021

37 Weeks (DOC MARTENS BOOT??) - 3.0: March 23-29

 
  • Feeling more alive to start this week! I'm at term, which means baby can come any time as his/her lungs are developed! I think I'd like to keep them in until April, but we will see!
  • At 37 weeks exactly, my mom offered to take the kids for me since she's on Spring Break. I dropped them off at 9, and then went to visit Ashleigh. We went for a walk to Starbucks (trying to get her baby going!) and then afterwards I picked up Emilia from Mom's to bring her home for naptime. I was able to take a short nap myself, and then do some things around the house I'd been meaning to get to, before getting her up from her nap and having some Mother/Daughter time painting her toes for the first time! We went back to Mom's for dinner and to pick up Dom, and I must say, just those few hours alone in the morning refreshed me and got me back to feeling like me again. Whew!
  • Baby still flips side to side occasionally, but favours my left side or posterior position
  • My sleep is much more disrupted now with pee breaks and general discomfort, but I probably still sleep better than the average person. Pretty sure it's a Gerber gift. We just fall asleep the moment our heads hit the pillow!
  • My heart is sooo full watching my siblings become parents! I look forward to joining their 3am text and video chats!
  • TMI - my body has been clearing itself out. Typically I am constipated, especially with the iron supplements I take, but that has definitely not been a problem this week. This happened with both other pregnancies around this time. It can be a sign that labour is just around the corner, and I guess it is. I don't take it as a sign of "impending" labour though. 
  • I spent a full week baking all of a sudden. I don't know what has gotten into me. I made a dozen banana muffins, 2 dozen blueberry bran muffins, 6 loaves of sourdough, and 2 dozen cinnamon buns. Every time I think I'm done I have another burst of sweet tooth energy. The sunshine helps keep me energized during the day, and I like that I'm on my feet, keeping busy and distracted, but boy do I crash at night! Not great company for Dave haha. 
  • I had some gas cramps one evening all around my abdomen. My intestines have moved, so while you may usually get your gas cramps down low, mine were way up where my stomach usually is. Anyway, they were keeping me awake and I kept thinking about Katrina's labour with Sam. She almost didn't make it to the hospital because she thought the first stages of labour were just "aspara-gas"! I wasn't too worried about it, but it did get me thinking haha. 
  • I've been feeling anxious about the transition to life with two kids and a newborn, with little tangible support due to COVID restrictions and David's work entering busy season. I re-read Emilia's 1 week post and felt SO encouraged though! My first week Emilia was smoother and I felt better than I did in my last week of pregnancy. That gives me so much hope that when this baby comes out I may actually feel better instead of horrible and stressed! This is why I blog! :)
  • I started wondering if I should try sleeping on the couch because it's firmer than our bed and easier to get off for pee breaks. I was also reading back at my old posts from the previous pregnancies at 37/38 weeks, and found this in Dominic's 38 week post
    • "I have considered starting to sleep on the couch in the night time because it is firmer than our bed, and easier to get off of when I have to go pee. Our bed is very comfortable memory foam, but it is becoming much to difficult to finagle my way out every 1.5-2 hours to pee in the middle of the night!"
  • Apparently I am consistent with my pregnancy symptoms!
  • I feel SO HEAVY! I've gained like 27lb or so, but everything just feels excessively heavy. I hate that it's so hard to get up. 
  • Heartburn is making a comeback despite a few people commenting that I look like baby has dropped. 
  • I am increasingly grateful my due date was a solid month after Ashleigh & Aly's! Of course they both went late, and MAYBE I'll go early, but it has given me some time to soak up these two beautiful little ones before I have my own sucking the life out of me :)
  • People keep asking me if I'm ready to have baby, or how I'm feeling. Honestly I am ready for this belly to be gone. I'm past the point of cute, I walk like an 85 year old woman, I can't play with the kids, I can't hug or cuddle David properly, I can't sit in my work chair, I can't go for good walks, etc. etc. HOWEVER! I also don't think I'm quite ready for the newborn life just yet, so I'm okay to stick it out a little bit longer :) Just not too long! 


No comments:

Post a Comment