Thursday 25 March 2021

Thankful Thursday - 257

1. Well it doesn't get much better than this! This week I am super duper extra thankful for a brand new nephew and niece born this week! I'm going to let the parents share the details on their social medias before I share on here, but I'm very excited! Now I'm next! 

I'm feeling a bit less of a rush to get this baby out now though haha. I think my baby fever is satiated for a bit. And I'm very nervous about adjusting to parenting two children and the baby at the same time, and having David enter his busy season and all our parents working full-time. Nevermind labour and delivery... I have to survive the first 6 weeks! I know people do it and we'll survive, bla bla bla. I just need to be acknowledged/validated haha. 

This week has had me reminiscing about the first few days when I became I Mom. Lots of going back through old blog posts and photos of Dom those first days. So many emotions, so much uncertainty, such a crazy change!

This photo makes me smile every time. Bo Bo Moma holding her great grandson for the first time. He was 3 days old. I was a mess (the classic 3-day crash) haha. 

2. Lunch Date. Mom invited me for lunch at Cactus yesterday after work so we could celebrate the new baby! This was a great treat, and so delicious! Man I can't wait for a glass of wine!! So close! 

We also had lunch at Cactus Club one week before I had Emilia. Maybe this is a tradition! (Although I could go another week and a half I think... haha)

3. Spring Break. While all our parents are still working full-time, both our moms work for the schools so get Spring Break, summer and Christmas off. Mom has been super helpful, and then helped me out with the kids this past Tuesday. I dropped them off at 9, went for a walk with Ashleigh and got some Starbucks, picked up Emilia for her nap, had some Mommy-Daughter time with Emilia (which has been a great need for her lately), and then we went back to her place for dinner with her and Dom! That day I felt more like myself than I have in a long time. So refreshing! Today David's mom came over for coffee and played with the kids for a while as well. It's been so long! I can't wait for things to open up a bit more this summer so that we can stop being anxious and awkward and just live normally!



4. I'm past 37 weeks. I was on "rest" orders until 37 weeks because there was a concern I could go into early labour. I'm sure because someone said that I'll be jinxed and go overdue like my sister-in-laws, but regardless, I followed the rules. Now that I'm "term", I can start doing things again. Of course I have no boundaries for myself and totally overdid it today, but hey... wouldn't be me if I wasn't an over-achieving, overly critical (of myself) perfectionist who can't relax until everything is done... Anyway, today I prepped to make some sourdough loaves over the weekend, made 2 dozen blueberry bran muffins, made a dozen cinnamon buns, visited a baby(!!!!), cleaned the kitchen multiple times, aaaaaand then I crashed. Crashed and burned! Luckily we didn't have to make dinner tonight or else I might have fallen apart. I feel this need to prep so many things to make my postpartum life easier for myself. Thinking "future Renee will thank me". Maybe the "3-weeks-from-now" Renee, but maybe I forget about the "3-hours-from-now" Renee haha. At least Dave is around this afternoon to play outside with the kids for a bit!


Some fruits of my labour today

5. Room transition is going well. Emilia is taking to the idea of sharing a room much better now, and it's not a struggle at all for her to sleep in her big girl bed. They still chat for 45 minutes or so every evening, and need a few reminders that it's time to quiet down, but we've just been putting them to bed a bit earlier and allowing it. They're definitely more tired during the day (especially Dom because he doesn't/won't nap), but I couldn't ask for a much better transition so far! 

6. Mommy-Daughter time. On Tuesday when Mom still had Dom, but I brought Emilia home for her nap, after naptime we had some time to kill. I suggested we paint Emilia's nails, and she wanted to make muffins. So we did both! First, she picked out the pinkest nail polish she could find in my basket, and then was a perfect client for her first nail-painting experience! She wanted her fingers done as well, but I opted not to do that since her hands are in her mouth so often. Then when her toes had dried a little we made some chocolate chip banana muffins! 


No comments:

Post a Comment