Monday 15 March 2021

Weekend! - Beer, Birthday, Burgers, Bumps, Bread, and Beach!

The only B word left out of that list is Babies! Two due dates gone, two bellies still containing babies! Can't wait to meet these nephew/nieces!

Friday was David's birthday, so on Thursday mom came by to watch the kids so we could go out for dinner and use his birthday coupon. We went to the Hawthorne in Cloverdale. I recommend :) It's the same family as the Vault and WAG, but more of a beer market vibe/focus. Dave got a flight of beers, I got the stuffed chicken breast, and he ate some gigantic burger with an onion ring and pineapple on it. After dinner we had some time to kill, so we did what any other couple who never gets out together would do... we went to Canadian Tire to pick up some stuff we needed. Wild night out! Haha. It was fun though; adulting is when running errands is a date.


It seems trivial or silly maybe, but I am SO excited to have some casual beer and wine this summer.

On David's actual birthday, he worked all day, and then in the evening we had his parents over for a safe dinner/dessert! We planned to eat outside, but instead we had our burgers inside on opposite ends of the main floor, wearing masks when not eating. It totally worked. After dinner the kids still wanted to play outside so we played some hockey, and brought the birthday cake out there for eats! It was our first time sharing a meal with David's parents since early December when we did hot dogs in their driveway. What a freaking year!



Last year David's birthday party was literally the last thing we did before all the shut-downs, so this was Dave's first "COVID birthday". Happy 30th to my wonderful husband! We have been together for pretty much half our lives now! Hard to believe. 

After dinner Scott & Ash came over and we had a little Mario Kart tournament. David's real birthday gift was an XBOX. Some family pitched in and he was able to purchase the latest system! (I'm not into video games at all, but I could be convinced to play some basic Mario Kart from time to time haha)

Saturday Mom & Dad offered their back patio to anyone who wanted to come by to have a croquette bun for lunch. You know I'm not one to pass up something like that! We went over there and had our delicious lunch and FINALLY remembered to take a photo of mine and Ashleigh's bumps together! Cousins' first picture! 


Opa not wanting to pass up an opportunity to rub another person's belly haha!

I baked a bunch of bread over the weekend as well after skipping it for a week. 

On Sunday we attempted some form of Sabbath. We watched church, relaxed, I took a TWO HOUR nap, Dom helped Daddy do some editing, I went to the veggie market and made buddha bowls for dinner, and then Dave and I sat down and watched TV all evening. I'm trying REALLY hard to learn how to rest. Partially because it's Dr. orders, but also I just really need to learn this lesson. 

Today I worked all morning, came home and sat in the sun for an hour and read/finished my book and had a cup of tea. Many people hate daylight savings because they lose an hour of sleep, but turning that clock back and gaining that extra hour of sunlight during the day makes up for it a thousand times. The sun on my face felt SO good, I could feel my body getting lighter (figuratively, though I wish it was literal), and my mood lifting. 

Mom texted earlier in the day and asked if we wanted to join her at White Rock for fish n chips. I am so thankful for invites like these, or else they are just not things we do! It's so much work to get packed up and go out there, and without the extra hands to help out I often end up feeling overwhelmed. So it's much easier for me to be flexible and excited about it when I know there will be some helpers (especially right now when I'm rather useless). Anyway, it was breezy, but absolutely beautiful! We were out there for two hours. I thought to pack the muddy buddies and boots, and am so glad I did! D&E spent a while digging in the sand. Mom & I went to Moby Dicks to get fish & chips for us all, and then Scott & Ash joined us for dinner as well! 





A real train came by!


Poor girl was so cold haha. She was wearing 7 layers on top! Just like her mommy. If it's cold out, no matter how many layers I'm wearing, I'm cold.




Watching the end of the hockey game when we got home

1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun time was had by all. thanks for sharing. hope baby comes soon for you. you look ready to have this beautiful baby

    ReplyDelete