Thursday 7 March 2019

Thankful Thursday - 172

I continue to do these Thankful Thursday posts because it holds me accountable for counting my blessings and looking at the bright side when things feel out of control or stressful. I think it's a valuable exercise everyone should do!

This week I am thankful for...

1. This woman. Happy 52nd Birthday to my mother! I have the utmost love and respect for you, and truly appreciate all you have done for me, especially now that I can see a glimpse of what life was like with us growing up! Here's hoping your youthful looks are genetic! 


It is so hard to find a picture with just you, that I had to use your church headshot. Good thing it's a great photo!

2. Baby Friends. We're so blessed to live close by to many friends, and many of them are in a similar life stage to us. I really enjoy watching our kids grow up together.


Dom, Makenna and Emilia


3. Free marketing. An instagram page called Kitchens_of_Insta shared one of David's photos and it now has JUST under 10,000 likes. Like less than 40 to go! What a confidence boost!!



4. Being home. Not going back to work is a huge decision. It means a lot of sacrifice for our family, but it also means I get to be at home and do what I've always wanted to do; raise my babies! If I loved my job or worked very hard to get there this would be a much more difficult decision, but alas... it's (basically) a no-brainer!

If I was working full time this week, I would have missed out on...

Yaya's first sensory bucket. She just picked up handfuls and chucked them on the floor. This didn't last long before I called it quits!

Me-time to pick up my crocheting again while the kids play nicely. This is a more and more rare occurence, so I take advantage while I can!

Taking Dom to Storytime and watching his personality and confidence grow.

I like that this T-Rex is a vegetarian, eating the trees instead of the other dinosaurs.

An impromptu birthday lunch for Mom at Oma's with Aunty Sonya. I remember going to Oma DJ's place as a kid and sitting and playing with these magic wands! They'll capture anyone's attention. Maybe we should get one to use as a calming tool. Hmm...

Now that I've romanticized being Mom, let's take a moment to realize that sometimes life just looks like this...

This picture makes me laugh. They're both crying so hysterically, and both for absolutely no reason. #beingtwoisfine

No comments:

Post a Comment