Monday 4 March 2019

Lately - Axes, Flights, Bowling, Instagram & Romps!

I feel like we've been spoiled with fun things lately! March is going to be a good month too! Lots of birthdays coming up and a weekend away for us in less than two weeks!!

Last Friday we were invited to a client event for our realtors (Greg & Liz Holmes, who we highly recommend). We went AXE THROWING!! I was soooo nervous. I am not coordinated. at. all. I described myself as having the coordination of a noodle. I was genuinely nervous that I'd forget to let go of the axe and it would come back and take off my ankles. That didn't happen, although the axe did try to take out my ankles one time bouncing off the target. They had lots of food and drinks, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, and there were about 20 other people there. I have to say, it is a great way to get to know people and promote teamwork/encouragement. 
Long story short... I kicked David's butt! Dave is the athletic one. I am the brainy one (to put stereotypes on us). Everyone was calling me "the closer" during the games, and cheering me on during warm-up. I surprised everyone, including myself. I admit though, I started strong and sort of petered off. I guess the more beer I drank, the less coordinated I got. Funny how that works eh!
Anyway, I had way too much fun!



Check out this 4 second video... #worthit!

We all got hats to wear from Greg & Liz as well

Our whole group

We also had Sherlock groomed!

And Dom showed off how many cars he can name!


Saturday evening we had a "social" with our Small Group. We met up at the Hawthorne in Cloverdale for some food and drinks. I had never been there, but will definitely be returning! Dave and I both got a flight of beers and split a poutine. It was fun to get out and do something with each other as grown-ups! 


After the Hawthorne we went down to Clover Lanes for some Glow bowling. It was dead when we walked in, so Steph and Brent were joking about how they were so glad they made a reservation and what not. When the guy at the desk asked what name the reso was under, Brent burst into hysterical laughter, assuming sarcasm. Apparently he was not being sarcastic, and did not think it was funny at all, "What is funny about me asking for a name?" Haha. I love it when awkward things like that happen to other people!

Again, it was really nice to let loose and have fun with friends. Our lane kept crapping out on us, but we made the most of it! I'm not one to get upset about things like that; just adds to the memories. 


Sunday we went to church, where Dom found and fell in love with Kim's red Camaro. Then Scott & Ashleigh came over and made us dinner and watched a movie (Batman Begins) in the evening. Ashleigh and I took Dom for a walk to the park (well, mostly to admire the neighborhood "yellow mustang" apparently). What beautiful weather we've been having!

That face. He is SO excited and proud to be standing next to the "red Camone!"

Waiting to catch Ashleigh at the bottom of the slide

At about 7pm, we got a notification that one of David's photos on Instagram had been shared by another account (kitchens_of_insta), and the likes and comments started pouring in! In less than 3 hours he had over 3,000 likes on the photo! On his account, his highest number of likes was 86... In 12 hours, the photo had 7,000 likes. As of now (about 17 hours), there are 8,261 likes and well over 100 comments. WHAT. THE. HECK?! It's not likely this will actually lead to any business for Dave, but boy is it ever a confidence booster. Social media is a valuable marketing tool right now, and this was free, unintentional marketing! What a rush! :)


This morning we had a little incident where Dom slipped a car down the built-in vacuum thing. He was able to tell us what happened, AND which car he put down there. Looks like his car knowledge is coming in handy! We now have a child lock on there so he can't open it. Later I took Dom to Tot Romp again at the church. Every time we go, he gets more comfortable and adventurous. It's so nice to see him growing and developing and making friends. He was quite concerned/bothered that the "Red Camone" wasn't at the church though. 

Love seeing these boys play and grow up together <3. For some reason Henry always brings Dom out of his shell


No comments:

Post a Comment