Tuesday 12 March 2019

Happy Birthday David!

Dave turns 28 today! Creeping up on 30! There are many reasons I love David, and here are 28 of them!

1. He is generous with his time. 

2. He works hard to support us so that I don't have to go back to work.

3. He wakes up early every day for self-care, a habit I have not yet adopted. 

4. He is athletic. I've only beat him at one sport, and it was axe-throwing and it was probably a fluke. I almost kept up in pickleball too though!


5. He is the breakfast man. I know I can always count on him to make breakfast if we're having breakfast together. It's my least favorite meal of the day, but not having to worry about making it makes it that much better!

6. He's a dreamer. This balances out my tendency to be cynical (or, as I say, realistic).

7. He's not a spender. Well... I think if we had money to blow he might be, but he's very respectful of our financial situation and I'm grateful we don't fight about money. If we did have money, I guarantee he would spend it on cars and shoes.

8. While he's not a spender, he does encourage me to "spoil" myself. 

9. He's patient with me. I know I'm not the easiest person to live with, but he builds me up every single day.

10. He's tech-savvy. I am completely useless when it comes to technology. It's nice to have someone to download (I mean buy...) movies, hook up a projector, trouble-shoot my phone/laptop issues, and answer all our friends' and relatives' questions about tech stuff.

11. He puts family first. His job isn't a 9-5, but he always makes sure he's home for family dinner and has made it a priority not to accept jobs on Sundays. 

12. He is so helpful with the kids. I always feel guilty going out and leaving him behind with the kids, but he pushes me to do so and goes out of his way to make it possible for me 
whenever he can. 

13. He is passionate. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

14. He does the "blue jobs." We don't really have actual blue or pink jobs, but if he's home I never have to do garbage, recycling, compost or dog poo. 

15. He shares his passion for cars with Dom. Dom is so genuinely excited about cars and has more knowledge about them, their types, sounds, etc. than any two-year-old I know. 

16. He encourages me to be healthier. He's always exercising and asking for healthy meals. He doesn't bug me if I decline, but models a healthy lifestyle for me. 

17. He teaches Sunday School with me. It's been a while since we've taught, but before we had kids he was always right in there to help me out, or even take the lead (especially with the boys).

18. He's an amazing coach and encourager (is that a word?). I love seeing him come home from morning basketball at Frank Hurt and he is always so excited by one kid's success.

19. He can handle a basketball. I haven't seen him play in many years, but the other day he brought Dom outside and was dribbling around and doing all sorts of tricks with the basketball. It's rather attractive!

20. He raps Eminem with me.  When we first started dating, we bonded over our like for Eminem. 

21. He is my designated driver. When we go out somewhere and there are drinks to be had, I can pretty safely assume he will volunteer to drive home. I'm pretty lucky!

22. His blue eyes. I always wanted to marry a man with blue eyes, I think they're so beautiful. He's now given me two blue-eyed babies too! <3

23. He makes cute babies.

24. He treats me right. Many women can only dream of finding such a gentlemanly man (teenager when we got together) to date and eventually marry; he has the kindest heart! I hope my kids marry someone like him.

25. He is artistic. He sees things and articulates them into photos and videos that I couldn't even imagine. It's also handy for getting nice photos of our kidlets!

26. He lets me divide our snacks. I savor, he indulges. If we make or buy snacks, he doesn't even bat an eye anymore that I split them 50/50 and label them so he can eat his at his pace, and I can eat mine at my pace. 

27. He listens to me. I don't mean the obey kind of listen, but the genuine listening, hearing kind of listening.

28. He is a great travel partner. We've traveled together everywhere from the Okanagan, LA, Orlando, Mexico, to Europe and the Mediterranean. We have always had amazing adventures and we make a great team! 

I love you babe! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment