Thursday 22 March 2018

Thankful Thursday - 125

Sorry about all the Dominic spam... (except not really). My heart is just feeling full today and I want to share this little ray of sunshine with everyone!

This week I'm thankful for...

1. Sunshiny Days. Oh I am so excited to have a Spring baby! Hopefully it will get me out a bit more, and not make me feel like I'm cooped up on these nice days. Even getting out to throw the ball for the dog and let Dom run around feels so good with the sun on my face! 


I love this. So much.

This is his sign for bunny. He puts his hands up like antlers and makes little kissy sounds. I do two fingers behind my head and buck teeth, but he's getting there!

When did you get so big?!



He definitely has a mind of his own...

33 weeks pregnant and waddling after the little waddler himself!

A boy and his dog <3


2. Dominic playing independently. Poor Dom has been working on his molars the past week or so. He has taken it like a champ though! I didn't even notice until his top left was poking through already. He also has a rash of some sort on his neck and head mostly. It's not bad, and I'm not concerned about it; hopefully it just goes away on its own! David and I were both completely out for the count this past Monday with a stomach bug or something, and Dom was an absolute perfect child. He played quietly by himself, snuggled on the couch with us and watched Paw Patrol and "read" lots of books. Reading the same three books OVER AND OVER again is his favorite pastime right now. On Tuesday, Dave was home with him and still not feeling well, and Dom even passed out on the floor at one point while Dave got some emails answered. This has never happened... spontaneous floor naps. Who is this child?! Can he stay around please while I have a newborn?!?!?! :)


We love snuggling with our blankies!

Hiding behind the backpack with his blankie reading his "WOOF" book. He crawled in there all on his own with his book. 

Passed right out at Dad's feet. I think my heart is full. If it is this full with our little family now, how full is it going to be when Baby #2 comes around? I am apprehensively getting excited!

You can tell this was not taken on a sick day because David looks human ;)

 Here, Mom. You look like you could use some water!

Ahhhhhhhhh!

He seeks out more cuddles with Dad lately because I'm just not as comfortable as I used to be, but sometimes he'll lay right on my belly and baby girl will kick his little noggin so it's bouncing around while he tries to read his book. 


3. Online Surveys. I've been using my breaks at work to do online surveys for the past little while. The time it takes is hardly worth it, but since I'm sitting at a computer anyway it has been a good way to earn some extra spending money! I have already cashed in to receive a $10 amazon gift card and a $5 Starbucks Gift card, and I have enough points saved up for another $10 card too! I just can't decide which one I want to do :)
If anyone has any questions let me know! If you sign up for the surveys with my code I get bonus points. Yay! :)

4. Getting things scratched off the to-do list! I have quite a lengthy list of big things I want to get done before this baby comes. We're making a slow crack at it, but it's starting to shrink! This week's big accomplishment was FINALLY (as in for the first time ever) getting Sherlock professionally groomed. Oh he is SO soft, and smells SO good, and apparently he was amazing at the groomer. He didn't even want to leave! It was WAY overdue, so it feels really good to have that done! 
We also booked an appointment to have all our carpets cleaned! Thinking about getting a house cleaner to do a deep clean of our house before this baby comes, but we will see if I feel like spending more money on something I could do myself. 


I haven't tried to get a really nice photo of Sherly's grooming job yet, but doesn't he look handsome? His paws and ears are all neat!

5. A TAX RETURN!! With Dave running his own business, we haven't had a tax return in 5 years. We always owe money. This past year, we had to pay installments throughout the year and David ended up over-paying for his 2017 taxes. I, on the other hand, did not get any taxes deducted from my EI (oops)... so I owe money. Lesson learned. Even with my owing money, we're still getting a return, and it could not come at a better time :)


3 comments:

  1. Walking makes them look so much older doesn't it?! Yay for tax returns!! Just filed ours yesterday and can't wait to see that deposit come through... right when we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's this getting paid for doing surveys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can sign in through Swagbucks or Ipsos i-say.
      You complete online surveys to accrue points, and then you redeem your points towards gift cards.

      You may not be eligible for all surveys, depending on the demographic they're looking for, but I have been able to do quite a few of them!

      Delete