Tuesday 6 March 2018

30 Weeks (PLATYPUS/MOTORCYCLE HELMET) - 2.0: Feb 27-Mar 5

Nice pasty skin and greasy hair shot... Glamorous! Haha

  • Wondering every day if this baby will come with hair since I'm having heartburn pretty consistently now. 
  • Baby is still head down I think, but she flips from side to side, which way she is facing. One day she'll be kicking all over my right side, and the next she will have turned over and is kicking my left. Keeping me guessing!
  • I have this nagging feeling I'm not going to make it to my due date. I'm anticipating the end of April for some reason. I'm due May 8. 
  • I'm physically exhausted, but feeling way better since starting the iron supplements a couple weeks ago. They have made a major difference in my quality of life. I'm sure the sunnier weather helps too, as those days I seem to be particularly productive. 
  • This was my last week having my Tuesdays off :(. I am now officially scheduled to work 40 hour weeks until my last week of work. My last day is scheduled as March 29. Getting there!!
  • I can't go anywhere without people (even random people) commenting on how I'm "about to pop" and "going to be so busy!" No, I am not about to pop. I still have 8-10 weeks to go (most likely), and yes... thank you for reminding me how difficult and exhausting my life is about to become. Haha! It doesn't actually bother me, I just find it funny how every sample person and customer and cashier at Costco needs to comment on it! Can't you see I'm just trying to shop in peace?! 
  • But actually... Some days I feel like I'm going to pop. This baby is SO LOW compared to Dominic. He was up in my ribs already, but this baby is all down in the business. When I get up I already feel pressure and heaviness "down there". Maybe it's just because she's a girl and sitting differently than Dom? Does this mean she's more likely to come early? I don't know.
  • Along the lines of discomfort from baby sitting so low, on Saturday afternoon Dave and I decided to go for a long family walk all around Provinceton. We chose a loop down Fraser Highway, 176, and back up through the neighborhood (saving all the hills for the end). I don't know why I got so ambitious; the sunshine maybe? About half-way through the walk I started slowing down. David was very patient with me. By the time we got to the hills I was walking like a 600lb man (waddling and hobbling up the street). I wasn't in any extreme pain; my tailbone was hurting, but that happens all the time. It was just the pressure from baby pulling on my back and my stomach. I don't remember it being this exhausting this "early" with Dominic, but maybe I'm just being ignorant and romanticizing the third trimester ;). 
  • Over all I really can't complain. I have had a very uncomplicated pregnancy so far. I always remind myself when baby is kicking so hard it hurts, "I will never complain about my baby kicking and moving and thriving... even though it hurts or is keeping me awake." People often ask me how I feel. I respond, "Good! Can't complain!" Maybe I should just start saying, "I feel like I'm 30 weeks pregnant." That's pretty appropriate. 
  • Braxton Hicks Contractions are making a more frequent appearance now. They are completely painless 95% of the time. Just very very tight. It's like my body is trying to tell me to slow down or something. Pfft! ;)
  • I am getting very close to being in nesting mode. I have lists upon lists of things I want/need to accomplish before this next baby comes. It's so stressful! Weeks fly by and all of a sudden a month has passed and we've accomplished none of the things!
  • 30 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • 30 Weeks Huggies Graphic
    Pregnant lady

1 comment: