Friday 16 March 2018

Lately

I have not been posting much more than my pregnancy posts and Thankful Thursdays lately. I have not been setting aside the time to actually blog about other things going on. 

I have a dislike when people say, "I don't have time for that," which is why I prefer to say, "I don't MAKE time for that." David gets up at 5am every day to make time for meditation, reading, exercise and journaling. I could say I don't have time for any of those things, but really I just don't want to get up at 5am to do them. 

While I rag on myself for "not having time", I really have been very busy lately. Every weekday I'm up at 545 for work, and on weekends I'm up at 630 to have some me-time before Dom gets up. (Hello hot coffee!). 

Photo Credit: Deb De Jong

And this is the reason I get up every day. 

Lately my life has pretty much been: Wake up, get ready for work, go to work, come home, make dinner, play with Dom a little bit, put Dom to bed, do housework, go to bed (repeat).

I had been dealing with pretty severe hip/lower back pain, but the SI belt I got from the midwives has drastically improved my quality of life. Yay!

Here are some little sprinkles of joy and happy moments from the last couple weeks. 

Dom is totally obsessed with reading books lately, and he will bring a book to me, ask to come up, and sit nicely beside me for a good while going over the book again and again. 

I have started journaling. David inspired me to do this, and it's been a really nice way for me to get the "real" things off my chest that I don't necessarily feel comfortable sharing on a public forum like the blog. It's been totally therapeutic for me so far. Maybe this is why I haven't been blogging so much lately!

My super sexy painting clothes. (And super messy bedroom...)

Dom in his "fort". He signs "help" (which is also his sign for more, please, yes...) to ask us to pull the sliding boxes out of this organizer and then crawls into his fort.
 
David thoroughly enjoying our "Happy Birthday" song for him. 

He forgot to leave a candle for me!

Dad slicing up the birthday roast NICE AND THIN! Oh how I love red meat... Why is it so costly?

My sleeping beauty <3

More super happy book reading on the couch. This is the perfect activity for me right now because it doesn't require me to sit on the floor or chase him around or lift him.

We need to properly baby-proof and clean our patio so Dom can have free in&out access for the Spring/Summer! I'm thinking of putting a water table or something out there, but don't want to spend money on it. Anyone have any leads?

Excitedly pointing out all the cars, "OHHHHHH!!!"

Sherlock & Dom are best friends when Dom has food.

Looking forward to more warm weather and being outside!

Playing with (destroying) the Duplo Farm. I love quiet play time. I also love crazy dance and run around play time, but this is just so peaceful and sweet.

Baby boy isn't feeling great this week, which means I got the best snuggles ever while he napped in my arms. Sometimes at night he wakes up crying for a few seconds and I secretly hope he won't settle back down and I'll have get to go in to comfort him. Something magical about being such a source of comfort to your little one. 

He honestly is a really happy child. He makes us feel very loved and special. But BOY does he have tantrums, too! Just try to not let him have his way and you'll see! Whew!

Someone who lives in our neighborhood got a drone and took these beautiful shots of our neighborhood. I love our area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment