Thursday 15 March 2018

Thankful Thursday - 124

This week feels like a particularly important week to exercise gratitude in the form of Thankful Thursday.

I had to miss two days of work this week, so I came in already a little stressed out and behind. My first day back was a gong show, and these pregnancy hormones are turning into pregnancy anger and lack of filter. Should be a fun few weeks before I'm off...

Take a moment to breathe... What do I have to be thankful for this week? 

1. Dominic is going to have a COUSIN! I've been waiting for months to post this on my Thankful Thursday, and got the go ahead this week! David's sister, Rachel is expecting her first baby on July 10th this year. She's 9 weeks behind me in pregnancy. Dominic and Baby-K#2 are going to have a cousin! I am so excited for this. I grew up super close with my cousins, and envision my kids having similar relationships with their extended family. Woo hoo!

2. Gorgeous sunshine! 


This little outing right outside our house was actually SO exhausting! I was trying to throw the ball for the dog, but Dom kept getting to the pavement and RUNNING towards the street. I had to go pick him up and bring him back over, and throw the ball again. Much easier when I don't have a giant belly, but some passers-by even felt bad and gave me a hand when Sherlock lost his ball once. Whew! How do people do it?

I foresee lots of time spent with these kids on the patio this summer while baby #2 naps inside. Or just supervising from inside while they play out here. 

3. Time out for David's birthday. Dave and I were able to spend an evening together and go on a date to Milestones and to see Black Panther. I loved Black Panther! It was a mix between Lion King, Avatar, Star Wars, and a Marvel Superhero movie. It was very fresh! Dave and I haven't gone out for a date in about 2 months, so it was really nice to connect on a grown-up level. Also, the lazyboy chairs at Guildford theatre... I will never NOT comment on how comfy those are!



4. Quiet Moments. Dom had a rough nap the other day, and was startled awake after half an hour. He screamed for about 10 minutes before I went to rescue him (this almost never happens, so I didn't feel bad rescuing him). He proceeded to pass out in my arms and sleep for another (almost) hour and a half. I soaked up every second because this does not happen often, and will happen even less when the new baby comes.


Snoring and all <3


I wish it was brighter in the nursery, but these are the moments I live for <3. If only he wasn't crushing my belly and forcing baby into my ribs.

5. Dom's new room is coming along! We (FINALLY) got Dom's Toddler room painted! We opted for 3 light grey/neutral walls and a Navy accent wall. Love it! Now we actually have to get it properly furnished, get some black out curtains, and start moving his stuff over! I assume he will adjust fairly easily, but we will see! It's a bit heartbreaking for me to move him out of the nursery, I'm not going to lie... A few tears have been shed.


Before...


Bad (dim) picture of after the paint job! Can't wait to get some pictures hung and figure out the furniture arrangements! (Also to put away all the crap that's just to the right of the frame of this shot :))

So excited about his new room!!


No comments:

Post a Comment