Thursday 1 March 2018

Thankful Thursday - 122



Every week I try to think outside the box to come up with some things I am thankful for. Some of the ones this week came to me a little easier than others :)

This week, I'm thankful for...

1. BABY-MOON IS BOOKED! I shared our post about our Whistler Baby-moon before Dom on Facebook, and mentioned that we wouldn't be doing one this time around because of financial, time and location constraints. David's parents must have talked amongst themselves, because they have booked us a night at VI at Homestead in Lynden, WA. It's only a 40 minute drive from our house, and it's a golf resort hotel sort of thing. It looks so cute and quaint! We are booked for 1 night (April 7). Depending what the weather is like this day, we may head down to Bellingham to do some touring/shopping, reminiscing about when I lived there etc. during the day, and then go over to Lynden and spend some time in the pools/hot tubs/taking in the views! We're just excited to get away together! I'll be almost 36 weeks pregnant, so this baby better stay in! :)


Image result for homestead lynden hotel

2. Simple Meals. I was inspired by Louise's Blog a little while ago about different ways to use a roast chicken! This week we picked up a roast chicken and some alfredo sauce from Costco. On Monday I took the chicken apart, and heated up some Alfredo sauce and we enjoyed some delicious pasta for dinner! Tuesday I used the chicken carcass and made my own stock (for the first time ever) followed by chicken noodle soup! It was actually WAY simpler than I thought it would be. I'm not sure why I never did it before... Today, however, I am incredibly uninspired to attempt to cook or plan a meal. Sigh... first world problems I suppose.



3. Someone enjoyed the snow. I like the way snow looks when it's falling and accumulating on the trees and streets. I had this great idea we would take Dom out and get some adorable pictures of him in the snow. It ended pretty miserably. I was cold and cranky because none of my jackets fit anymore (and I refuse to spend money on a maternity jacket), and then Dom was cranky and overwhelmed and refused to be put down, and David was cranky because he "saw this coming". What a fail... at least Sherlock had fun! We kicked and tossed some snowballs for him to chase and pounce after. I told David afterwards that I hope he's the outdoorsy parent, because I clearly am not! I am a fair weather outdoors person. No shame in that, right? 


This is the view from the window in Dom's Toddler room (which he has not been moved into yet)






4. Crafting. I picked up some oil paint Sharpies from Michaels and some white mugs from Talize ($0.50 each!!) to fool around with some mug sharpie art. I've made a couple so far, and mostly I'm just getting familiar with the way it feels to draw on that surface. I plan to invest in some higher quality pens eventually to make some more things like this. It's fun though! I love doing little artsy fartsy things, even if I have no creativity and have to copy my ideas off of Pinterest. That's what it's there for, right? 




What are YOU thankful for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment