Thursday 8 March 2018

Thankful Thursday - 123

After I posted last week's Thankful Thursday I came up with two more I wanted to add, but I figured I'll save them until this week!

1. IRON SUPPLEMENTS! I have been on 300mg iron 3x/day for 4 weeks now and WOW has it ever made a difference. Yes, I'm still tired... I'm 31 weeks pregnant, working full-time, and running a household. I am exhausted. The difference now, is that I can drag myself off the couch and do life still. I honestly thought before I started the iron that that was just what life was going to be like; wake up, go to work, come home, and not be able to move for the rest of the afternoon/evening. I had no energy to make dinner, play with Dom, do the housework, and it all started piling up and wearing on me. Now I can do some of these things, and still make it to bed-time without passing out. Go me!


This has nothing to do with me being on iron, but it's cute :) He's such a boy all of a sudden! No more Baby Dom!

2. A new carpet. We had a creamy white (well... maybe it used to be white white) high pile shag rug in our living room for years. It was super plush and lovely and pretty, but SO hard to keep clean. Especially with the dog and all the dog hair, dander, dirt, etc. Watching Dom crawl around on that rug has bothered me forever, and I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new one from Wayfair. The quality isn't as nice as the old rug was, but it was only $200, and shipped to our door in 1 week! It's big (7.5' x 9.5' I think), and it's low pile with an abstract pattern. It will be so much easier to keep clean than the old one, and it will hide dirt/stains that are inevitable with a dog and two kids - and me, I'm a clutz. 


This is just when we moved in, back when our rug was actually white-ish... Looking at this now I am SO disgusted with our nasty it ended up and we let Dom crawl around on it **cringe**.

Well the lighting is much different in these two photos, but you get the idea!

3. MORE FRIENDS FOR DOM & BABY #2! I am so excited to say that Dom will have even MORE friends coming this year! Katrina just announced this week that they are expecting their THIRD little baby. This is such an incredible (exhausting) season in our lives. I am so glad I have lots of people to share it with. 


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, baby

Katrina's Facebook announcement photo. Her boys are so gorgeous <3

4. Finally, a Costco Membership. We have been relying on my parents Costco Membership for years, and when we missed out on the Kirkland Baby Wipes sale because we couldn't coordinate a trip with them, we started thinking it might be time to get our own card. When Huggies Diapers went on sale last week ($9 off each box!), I did not want to miss out again, so we bit the bullet and registered. I did my first solo Costco shop this week! $140 later... Has anyone every shopped at Costco and spent less than $100. We will have to be careful with our "stock up shops", and actually only do them when we need things. Do we really NEED 30 cans of tomato sauce?!

NEWSFLASH! Baby Wipes are on sale again this week. Time to stock up!!!


2 comments:

  1. We did the same thing with the carpet and I'm very happy with it! So nice to be able to vacuum everything up! As for Costco, it has been worth it for us (diapers and formula for us this week) and if you go with a list yet are open to the sale items, it works well. I also bought the baby thermometer this week though so that made it much higher.

    ReplyDelete