Thursday 1 June 2017

Thankful Thursday - 90

1. Random acts of kindness. I took Sherlock and Dom for a walk the other day. I got about 10 minutes from home and the skies opened and it started pouring. I stopped and pulled over to adjust the blankets over Dom to make sure he stayed dry. A woman came running down her driveway and asked me, "Do you want an umbrella?!" I said I would be fine and tough it out, but thank you. She insisted, and ran back into her house and brought me an umbrella. Faith in humanity, restored.

This is said umbrella, and two dry people! I returned the umbrella with a thank you note to the house today!

2. Productive ways to spend my time. Between my chore chart (which I've been pretty good about), dog agility, and my (almost) daily baby get-togethers, I keep myself very busy! I do not watch a lot of TV anymore. 

Dom's first craft! This is now hanging on our fridge :)

Baths are a good way to kill time!

Henry, Sam, Dom, Isla and Cadence

Hard to tell in this picture, but Isla was loving on Dom. She grabbed his hand and was clutching it against her. If these two get married this is coming out in the slideshow! Haha

Happy happy chatting with Mickey & Donald!


3. Air Conditioner. With the heat we had last weekend, it got SO hot in Dom's room (It was 31 degrees one evening). At his bedtime, is the time of day where the sun beams directly into his bedroom. We tried really hard to tough it out, but then one night he woke screaming every couple hours and we wonder if he was just too hot. He also had developed a heat rash. We had talked before about getting an air conditioner for his room, but the cost is so high! The cheapest one we could find was $329.99. We finally bit the bullet and did it. My final deciding factor was, "Would future Renee spend $350 to have Dom sleep better at night and not develop heat rash every time it gets hot out?... YES! Yes she would." We are prepared for this hot summer!


Life is good when you're comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment