Monday 19 June 2017

Father's Day

Happy first Father's Day to David! I feel so honored to be able to share my life with such a wonderful man. The best part of my day is seeing Dominic's face when he sees Dad for the first time. There is so much love. I cannot wait to see these two together through the years. 

I (I mean Dom...) got David a couple gifts for his day. First, a mat for the garage floor for his work out area. Second, I took the below pictures of Dom and put them in a frame for Dave. I thought maybe it would be more a "me" gift, but Dave LOVES it. He stared at it and kept saying how much he loved it for a long time. He can't wait to hang it up in his office. (Yay!)






My brothers were all out of town this weekend for Adam's Stag, so we didn't really celebrate Father's Day for my dad. However, next weekend is his 50th birthday and we're all going up to the cabin together. Sorry Dad... that's the unfortunate part of having your birthday so close to Father's Day! ;)

On Saturday we went for a nice long walk at Tynehead with my parents. The walk was made extra long because of frequent stops to chat with Dom, who loved having someone to talk to during the stroll haha. 


Candid moments with Opa & Oma

Dom was getting fussy in the stroller, so Dad offered to Ergo him. Love this!

On Sunday we celebrated with David's dad after church. I had them over for Father's Day brunch. We made up some Steak & Eggs Benedict. Yum!!! It turned out great. Everyone kept offering to help, but I love making food for people, so I declined. I have to learn how to accept help and delegate one day... In the future I'm sure it will be a healthy thing for me! 


Larry & Shelley brought over some BBQ Seasoned steaks. I have to brag that I pan-fried steak for the first time, and got them perfectly medium rare on the inside. WIN!

I forgot to take a picture before I started eating, but here's one of my eggs benny. The eggs were also poached to perfection.  

Three generations of Kimber men! Should have taken Dom's bib off in hindsight...



Some pics of Mom & Dom!



Notice the drool steam headed for my face... blech!



I leave you with a few pictures of Dave & Dom through the months. 








1 comment: