Tuesday 27 June 2017

Dominic - 6 Months Old

He is half a year old today... This last month absolutely flew. I am ready for time to slow down now! I am not ready to be half way to going back to work! That feels like a whole other life... 




Such a big boy sitting up all by himself

Weight: 17lb. 3.2 oz (45th percentile)
Height: 26.7 inches (54th percentile)


He seems leaner in the 6 month one than the 5 month. I wonder if that's just because he's sitting up so much straighter now. 

Likes:
  • Bath time. Kicks his legs like crazy and splashes around. The bigger and scarier the splashes the better!
  • Being busy. This boy will be on the move in no time I'm sure! I can tell he's getting frustrated with being stationary.
  • Eating. He opens wide when he sees that spoon coming to his mouth!
  • Playing with my hair. When he's tired he will rest his head on my left shoulder, suck his two fingers on his right hand, and reach around my neck with his left hand and play with my hair. This usually means pulling a rat-tail out of my ponytail... Nice. He does this to other people too. I think it's the sweetest thing. I love it.
  • Chewing his toes during diaper changes.
Dislikes:
  • Being tired and not being in his sleep environment. Cue screaming! He mostly only cries when he's tired, unless he's having a particularly bad day. 
  • Beards. Okay... so he doesn't really care either way, but his skin dislikes them. Whenever someone with facial hair kisses or nuzzles him he gets a rash wherever the coarse hair touches. Kind of annoying when there are so many men in his life with facial hair! 
Notes:
  • Sits up completely unassisted now. 
  • Wearing 9 month clothing
  • Hardly ever rolls over any more. I know he can, he's just not motivated to. 
  • Coughs for attention. It's like an "ahem" noise. 
  • Started solids (baby oatmeal & breastmilk mix) on June 7. He has also had butternut squash now and LOVES all of it. He gets really mad if he's hungry at all and we're eating in front of him and not sharing. 
  • Teething and drooling like CRAZY. No teeth yet, but you can see they're going to be coming in soon. Not ready!
  • On reflux meds still, but spits up much less due to starting solids. We will probably try taper off Zantac soon. 
  • He reaches for people if he wants to be picked up.
  • Definitely recognizes certain people he sees more often. 
  • Learning to blow air. This mostly means oatmeal sprayed all over the counter, and him tickling me by blowing raspberries on my leg/shoulder/arm/boob... Whatever he finds in his way. 
  • He is becoming much more independent playing with his toys. 
  • We went on our first road trip and he was generally pretty great in the car. This goes along with playing independently I suppose! He was able to entertain himself the whole way too the cabin. He needed some extra help from me on the way home though.
  • He pants with excitement when you go to pick him up from his crib or car seat. 
  • He got his 6 month immunization today.  















If I try to wake Dom up from a nap he turns into a grumpy teenager. Looks at me, grunts and rolls back over to go back to sleep. 















No comments:

Post a Comment