Sunday 11 June 2017

Why do I blog?

Why do I blog? What's the point of sharing my life with people. Why do I feel a need to spend time every week to jot down my thoughts and put up pictures. Why don't I just keep a private journal?

This blog is first and foremost for myself. Writing helps me to articulate my thoughts, and keeps me grounded. If I am feeling overwhelmed it always helps me to write things down. Whether it be my thoughts, grocery list, to do list, stresses, goals, etc. Whatever is on that notepad/blog/scrap paper is now out of my head! I free up space!

So yes, it's a place to unload, but it's also good for my FOMO (fear of missing out). If I document my life and my day-to-day, I won't miss out! I won't forget. 

I spent a couple hours today going back and reading old blog posts. Sometimes I like to see what I was thankful for a year ago on x day, or remind myself what life was like when Dom was new, or read back about my pregnancy. Sometimes I look back at old vacations and reminisce. I often find myself surprised at what I wrote. I try my best to be honest and I feel like I do a pretty good job. I try not to romanticize life too much, because when I look back at it I want it to be real. 

My day to day life is nothing worth reporting really, but I know in weeks, months, years from now I will not regret the time I took to keep this up! 

I highly recommend blogging to anyone and everyone. 99% of my posts are nothing profound. Maybe more a way to unload pictures that are taking up my phone storage than anything, but every so often something comes from it. I am so surprised when people come up to me (sometimes people I've never even met) and tell me they love reading my blog. I suppose I read lots of other peoples' blogs too, but why me?! 

Well that was some nice random musings for the day. Until next time!


I mean if it wasn't for my blog, this photo may be lost forever... This should be reason enough! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment