Thursday 17 March 2016

Thankful Thursday - 37

I am feeling very thankful this week! Lots of good has been going on!

1. David's party was a success! I'm sure you read the blog and are probably sick of hearing about it, but just in case, here's the link! I love planning and organizing parties & events, and I love even more when they turn out better than expected!
{You should have seen me planning my wedding. I was aaaalllllllll over that!}




2. Being close with my brothers. I don't think it's common at all to have siblings enjoy each other's company this much. My parents had all four of us in six years, so maybe that has something to do with it? We all have different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. We're always there for each other and want the best for one another. David is close with them as well, and I can't imagine it any other way. Who needs dozens of friends when you have great family?!


Love this good looking bunch!

Scott stayed at our house over the weekend and joined in on our daily Sherlock routine.
{Na na na na na na na na BAT DOG!}

3. New friends. We really started hanging out with Brent & Amy back in October or November. Since then we've become fast friends and like to get together in our sweatpants for delicious cheese & wine whenever possible. Also, they've made it Facebook official that they are expecting their third child! Three under three! Can't wait for those cuddles!

We decided we're past the point of fancy wine glasses now. 

Baked brie, nanaimo bars, fruit and mini-eggs? Seriously can't go wrong with that!


Bonus #1. Our neighbourhood. Provinceton is a lovely area to live. We're up on the hill, and it has a tight community feel. There is a Facebook group for the neighborhood where people can post ads, warnings, and have general neighborly discussions. As a result of some of these discussions, we're having our own little library built at the park right by our house! Can't wait until it's open and has some books in it so we can read and replace!

Isn't this adorable?

Bonus #2. Relaxing in the sun. While David went to the hockey game on Wednesday, I had the opportunity to cook for myself and myself only! Most of the time I find it hard to cook for only one or two people, but this was different. I could eat whatever I wanted! This means eat the things David doesn't like! I made a donair with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, tzatziki and chicken all stuffed in a pita, served with a Greek orzo pilaf on the side. With this lovely healthy meal I made, I wanted to eat in the sun! I set up a bar stool on our little patio and used the sill as a bar/table-top. Complete with a glass of wine I was good to go!

I think I need to wipe down this sill. It has all the winter grime on it. Doesn't this look delicious though?! The donair was to die for. The pilaf was okay. The flavors didn't compliment each other as much as I was hoping.

This is where I ate. Dinner with a view and the sunshine! This summer i think this will be a nightly routine.

My partner in crime. I brought him a chair so he came and admired the view with me.

Giving me the stink-eye for not sharing my food. Granted this is after he ate 1/3 of my chopped chicken breast OFF THE COUNTER! What a turd.


What do YOU have to be grateful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. The party looked awesome!! Great idea!!! I often wonder about the sibling thing too- my siblings and I are super close yet there's 4 years between my bro and I, and 6 between my sis & I! Go figure. Lastly, love that little library!!!!! Where is Provincetown?! I've never heard of the area!

    Ps- I need to get better at regularly posting thankful Thursday's.... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was David's idea, and I just carried it out. So much fun, and so much work haha!

      That's true! You three are very close :) So fun to see!
      Provinceton is in Cloverdale. It's just west of Clayton.

      By Fraser Highway between 176 and 184. Lovely little neighborhood!

      Haha and yes... the Thankful Thursday thing keeps me going. At least I'm guaranteed one post per week!

      Delete