Tuesday 29 March 2016

Easter Weekend

Since I work for the government, I was lucky enough to get Friday AND Monday off for Easter! Wow! A 4 day weekend with no plans! I'm not feeling overly inspired to write today, so this will be largely photos from the weekend. 

I am slightly embarrassed to admit this, but mostly not... David and I spent a large chunk of the weekend watching Netflix... We started watching Scandal, and flew through the first two seasons over the weekend. Typically, we watch very little TV, so this was fun. 



We haven't bought a BBQ yet, and didn't feel like bringing out the camp BBQ, so I decided to grill our chicken in the sandwich grill. GENIUS! So delicious, easy and FAST!

On Saturday Matt, Helena, Mark, Des, and baby Violet came to visit! Matt and Mark are my cousins on my mom's side, and we don't get to see them often as they live in Fernie & by Edmonton. My parents opened up their house to the family for the afternoon and we made little pizzas and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours! Sherlock loved Violet. He hasn't been around many babies, so it's always fun for us to see how he reacts. {In every picture I took that day, Sherlock was somewhere in there watching the baby. He calmed down so much around her which is odd, but great!}


Oma and Uncle Arie snuggling with Violet. Sherlock supervising from a distance.

"I'll push anything potentially hazardous out of the way."

"Are you sure you have her Dad? I will sit here and watch just to make sure she's okay..."

"I better check to make sure she doesn't fall over here too."

"I can keep a good eye on her from here!"

"Oh my goodness... These humans let her walk around with dirty hands! I must clean them for her." These two are too cute! Violet's big blue eyes just kill me <3

Sunday I played bass in church, and then we lazed around the house for a while before going to dinner at David's parents to welcome them back from their trip to Florida and the Bahamas!

On Monday we realized we hadn't done our taxes yet this weekend as we planned. We spent 3 hours on Turbo Tax working on taxes and figuring out our inevitable amount owing. With David's business, we have to pay all his taxes and CPP for the previous year. I get a small return from work to make the amount owing a little more manageable, but it's still a lot... Luckily David set some aside to pay for taxes, but not enough! We have to work on writing more things off!


We have a system down now. David pulls out the laptop and hooks it up to the TV so we can both see. I sit on the couch with all the paperwork organized (chaotically) and we go through the Turbo Tax program together. It gets easier every year, but this year was a little different with the house purchase, etc. 

Monday evening we went downtown with Mom & Dad and met up with Jeff, Adam and Aly for dinner and drinks at Mahoney & Sons. They have a beautiful location right on False Creek. We watched the sunset on the walk back to the car, and then went to Adam & Aly's for a glass of wine before heading home. 


Why do we not come down here more often?!


Jeff and David, with Jeff's signature look of course!

I drank the Stanley Park Windstorm West Coast Pale Ale. I quite enjoyed it! It has a slightly stronger flavor than some other Pale Ales I've had. 

Sunset view from our table in the back room. 

Soon to be sisters-in-law!

Looks like Jeff and David missed the "chimp-face" memo! Haha!!

This photo is rather dark on here, but I asked our waitress to take a group shot of us! Missing Scott though :( He'll be back living at home in a month!


Beautiful sunset down False Creek. Such a gorgeous night.



I feel like we're ruining the background in this photo! Such an amazing city.


Mom insisted on us having a little photo-shoot on our way back to the car before going to Adam and Aly's. We obliged.


Adam and Aly would have scrabble piece fridge magnets! Cute. 

That brings us back to work on Tuesday morning! Looking forward to another short work week.

1 comment:

  1. We were obsessed with Scandal for many seasons and then we just kind of stopped... it got really repetitive. I'm curious to see how far you'll get. Beautiful pictures downtown!

    ReplyDelete