Thursday 3 March 2016

Thankful Thursday - 35

Lots to be thankful for this week!

1. Our flowers! I have NEVER had a remotely green thumb. We were gifted tulip and daffodil bulbs that we planted in October. Our first daffodil has officially bloomed and it looks beautiful. Sherlock has taken a liking to the plants though, so we have to watch to make sure he doesn't eat all my flowers! So proud that something I planted actually grew... You have no idea. 


They're very tall and have started falling over. Any advice on how to keep them standing?

2. Small Groups. David and I started/became a part of a young adults Small Group through our church in January. We meet once a week at Brent & Amy's house for an evening of discussion or fun. This past Monday we had a "social" where we just play games, eat food and get to know each other better. It has been a lot of fun getting to know this group, and we had a blast playing Cranium (even though I usually hate Cranium... I'm competitive enough to enjoy myself)! There was a moment of Tony having to use Kerriann to act out the clue (like a puppet) that had us all in tears. I hadn't laughed that hard in months


This is the newer Cranium, which has questions and songs that are much more relevant at this time than the old Cranium did!

3. Smarty-Pants. I try to teach Sherlock a new trick every few weeks. This time we were working on "BANG!" Where you pretend shoot the dog and say, "BANG!" and they dramatically fall to the floor and "die". Sounds very morbid now that I think about it... 
Anyway, a few weeks ago we started this one using clicker training. I forgot about it, and just last week remembered it. He got it first try. I couldn't believe it! 
{If you have any questions about clicker training and how it works, there are many helpful videos on YouTube or articles on Google.}

This video is not his first try, but still pretty hilarious! It's a work in progress. 
{This is my first time uploading from YouTube. Hopefully it works!}

BONUS ONE!
4. Aly matched for UBC Neurology Residency! 
Aly had been all over the country doing interviews for various residencies the past few weeks. Her top choice was to stay local and do Neurology at UBC. She was up against many other exceptional applicants, but won the interviewers over and was chosen to do residency at VGH and St. Paul's! We're so proud of her (although I must admit I had little doubt she'd get into her preferred program), and grateful her and Adam get to stay here! 


Have you taken a moment to think about what you're thankful for this week?


1 comment:

  1. I meant to ask you the other day how that group is going! So wish we could be a part of it. I also have a very funny Tony/Kerriann Cranium memory from years ago :)

    ReplyDelete