Monday 1 February 2016

Night/Weekend Off

Friday night David and I had our first night off in over two weeks. We were so excited!
We took the dog to the off-leash park and then went home for dinner. After dinner we decided to go out and go shopping for some jeans at Winners in Langley. It's near impossible for me to find jeans that fit properly so, not surprisingly, I did not get any. 


I found this mug on the way out of Winners and had to buy it for at work.

After feeling defeated at shopping, we went to the Olive Garden for dessert and a glass of wine. They have these little chocolate mousse desserts for $3.79 (or 3/$9), and they are so delicious! They make for a nice, cheap date night!



My glass of wine (Capollo Cabernet Sauvignon) after trying three different ones. I love the service at the Olive Garden. They're so accommodating and the bartender was more than happy to help me find the perfect wine.

Dessert! The chocolate mousse on the left, and the white chocolate/strawberry on the right. Both delicious little treats!

Saturday started out pretty typical for us. Band practice, chores, etc. We invited my brother Jeff over as we didn't have any plans. He headed over and we spent the afternoon together and had dinner together. Later on we had my cousin Brad and his wife Anita over for games! We played "Up & Down the River" and "Sevens". It was a fun and impromptu evening.


These are leftover from some flowers David got me. My favorite!

After Brad & Anita left for the night, we sat down again with Jeff and watched the new episode of Suits! That show is getting pretty over-the-top dramatic, but I can put that aside and just enjoy it for what it is. 



Not much to report about Sunday. Played bass in church, went to brunch, came home and relaxed for a bit... and then went to Mom & Dad's for dinner. They were order Pho and salad rolls from Noodle Island by their house. It had been over 6 months since we've had it, and it's so tasty. 


My bass set-up at the front of the church. Selfie as I was too chicken to ask someone to take a photo of me.

MMMMMM.... Pho (pronounced phuh apparently)

After dinner Mom somehow talked me into doing some online shopping at the Bay.com for their daily deals. I ordered a pair of boots, sneakers and flats. Nearly had a panic attack. I HATE spending money! Here's a link for the boots I got. I don't know if they'll be "over-the-knee" though as my legs are... longer than average we'll say. If I don't like them, I can just return them! Free shipping and everything! These are the boots I really wanted, but they were out of stock in my size. 

Overall we had a wonderful, quiet weekend. It was a nice change from the chaos life had been lately. We're hoping to plan another quiet weekend away at the cabin in a few weeks! Already excited for that possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment