Monday 15 February 2016

Moxies & Valentines

Since we had the Fun Match scheduled for Sunday (a post on that to come!), David and I decided to have Friday evening as our Valentines Day date. 

We had gift card money for Moxie's (thank you Brent & Amy) so we headed out to Langley for dinner! For many years Moxie's was our date night of choice. We would go to the one in Guildford where David knew the chef and we would always get the biggest piece of salmon/steak/bread or whatever we were eating. 

They had a Valentines Day menu which was $40 for one of 3 appies, one of 3 entrees, a dessert, and a 5 oz. glass of Prosecco. 

I decided to order from that menu and David got his own entree. 


I ordered a glass of the house red. Moxie's house red used to be the Obikwa Shiraz, but now it is a Cabernet Sauvignon (I can't remember exactly what one unfortunately). Definitely nicer than the Obikwa in my opinion. David drank the Prosecco that came with my menu. 

The appetizer we chose with the set menu was the lettuce wraps. First, the food came SO quickly we could hardly believe it. Second, these were delicious. I prefer these ones over the lettuce wraps at Cactus Club any day (less peanuts). 

My entree was the Honey Garlic Sirloin steak with double-stuffed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. I am drooling again just thinking about it. The steak was perfectly medium rare, and incredibly tender. I was shocked at how tasty everything was. Melt in my mouth tasty. We were both groaning with delight at the food. 

David ordered a sandwich for his entree. It is the Parmesan Chicken and Crispy Proscuitto Sandwich, served on ciabatta bread with house-made herbed cheese, roasted red pepper sauce and baby arugula leaves. Seriously? I love food. I may have stolen some of his cheese and put it on my steak for a few bites. 


It just doesn't get much more perfect than that. Look how juicy that is? 
(I had the word moist typed, but removed it for those of you who find that word disturbing. You're welcome.)

We forgot to take a photo of our White Chocolate Brownie dessert, but I assure you it was also equally fantastic. It's rare that we walk away from a dinner feeling quite so satisfied with the service, quality of food, atmosphere, and bill (thanks to the gift card)! 

With our bill we got these cute/cheeky Valentines day hearts instead of mints. I personally liked the "Less Talk More Wine" and "Wine & Dine Me" ones. Predictable. 

 After dinner it was back home and back to reality. We spent the evening hanging out with Sherlock, as we do most evenings. We also watched "Valentines Day" on Netflix which was cute, but I don't need to see it again.

My Valentine. So romantic Sherlock. What is this face?

It looks like he's practicing to be a T-Rex in this pose.

I leave you today with our evening entertainment. Sherlock doing his best Dolphin impression!


Hope you all had a great Valentines Day and are feeling the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment