Thursday 26 November 2015

Thankful Thursday - 22

This week I'm thankful for...

1. A Garage. Last Friday was the first real frost we had. When we lived in the basement I would have had to go outside and scrape all the windows and huddle in the car while waiting for it to warm up - first world problems... I know. Now I can just hop in the car and drive away! No wait time! Feeling very grateful to "finally" have a garage. 


2. Card making with Oma & Aunty Sonya. Every year, we get together a few times before Christmas to make Christmas cards. Monday we spent the evening together and each made 9 Christmas cards. Sonya has a lot of fancy Stampin' Up stuff, so we're able to make some really cool cards! She puts a lot of time into prepping the materials for us, including cutting the paper to size, and making sure we have everything to make the cards look as spectacular as possible. Although we don't get together often, I always enjoy and value the quality time we do spend together. 


Hard at work. I forgot to get a posed photo!


Hard to tell in this photo, but this paper is my absolute favourite colour. It's like a deep blackberry purple colour. Also that embossing pattern?! Seriously?! LOVE!

3. Finishing up another course! I have officially completed my Corporate Procedures I course. That means that I only have one more course to complete before I get my Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate! Three years in the making. Haha.

Reward for the driest text book ever? (Content-wise)

Bonus one! Christmas is coming! Less than one month until Christmas? Wow... Can't believe it. I finally convinced David to let me put up some lights. By convinced I mean I waited until he was upstairs and grabbed them out of the box and half-heartedly scrambled to get them up before he came down. I think the rest of the decorations will be going up soon. Our first Christmas in our own home! Also, doesn't that corner of the couch look SO cozy? That's where I spend most of my evenings. Curled up in the corner with a blanket and a cup of tea or a glass of wine. 



1 comment:

  1. 1. I hate scraping!! Having a garage is sooo nice
    2. My mom works with someone who owns every single thing stamp n' up has ever produced. For real. The whole upstairs of her house is dedicated to card making. She hosts a few parties throughout the year and gets everything ready ahead of time. It's amazing!
    3. Don't knock corporate.... it's the best :)

    ReplyDelete