Monday 23 November 2015

Sunny Weekend!

This past weekend was gorgeous. We didn't have many plans this weekend, but this is how it went!

Thursday night we went to Edith & Arthur's to use our $10 off texts we got from the pub! Two meals and two glasses of wine for $7? I'll take it!


If it's Happy Hour and you order the house wine, they ask if you want to double up, so you can get 10 oz. for $6! Amazing. Also... the Fried Chicken & Waffle is to die for.


Friday night we made a trip out to Morgan Crossing to do some Christmas shopping. We also went to Everything Wine & bought a whole case of wine! That's a first for me! I'm having my family over this Saturday for an early birthday party slash wine party for me. More on that to come! {Side note: I'm almost done my Christmas shopping!}


We've been having amazing sunsets lately. Sunday night was the most gorgeous, but we couldn't get to a good photo spot in time! This one was on our way to Morgan Creek, taken from the car window speeding down 176. 


Saturday morning, David went to help his dad with some stuff at their house, and I had the morning to myself. I honestly can't remember the last time that has happened. I woke up when I wanted to, with Sherlock snuggled up on the bed. I went downstairs and leisurely made breakfast, drank coffee, looked at flyers, and did dishes. Elissa texted me and we went for a nice walk at Tynehead as well. So lovely to get out and enjoy the sunshine!


That, friends, is a breakfast sandwich! Heart-attack on a plate. 

The rest of Saturday was spent primarily running errands and doing chores, so we decided to make a special dinner of homemade pizzas! We made a BBQ chicken, and a pepperoni. We bought these pre-made fresh bakery crusts from Save On and they were delicious! I would definitely buy them again.


Pepperoni

BBQ Chicken

Sherlock's evening consisted of snuggling on the couch while we finished Suits. So sad that it's over until the rest of Season 5 comes out!

Sunday morning I was playing bass in church. Afterwards, David went to the new church building to take some photos inside. I had a few minutes at home so I made a cup of tea and enjoyed the sunshine on our patio! Loving this Vancouver Fall weather!



The blanket I'm snuggling in was made by a friend, Doreen, as a wedding gift for us. We love it!

Next it was off for Brunch & games at David's parents' house!

I do not know what has gotten into Sherlock lately. I know it is supposed to take at least 6 weeks for us to notice a difference after neutering, but we have noticed an immediate change. He has calmed down significantly, and is so much more cuddly. He used to move if you even touched him while he's sleeping. Now he'll snuggle in and see how close he can get before we put him in his crate. We've had to do this a lot more lately as he is getting too insistent on sleeping with us and it's disturbing our rest. He is happiest squeezing between us and laying on his back with his two front paws sticking straight up in the air, and then dreaming (woofing and whining) in our ears. 

Random throw-back! This is our family photo from 2007 (8 years ago!)
I would say Scott and Jeff have changed the most since then. For those of you who know all of us, what do you think?
 

I spent Sunday night wrapping up the 7 bottles of wine for our wine tasting on Saturday! Each wine is numbered, and then I'll have corresponding cards lettered A-G. Each of these cards has a description and/or tasting note written on it. Every person has to try decide which number goes to which description, and also try to match it up with the correct type of wine. There are four reds and three whites. I am also going to have cheese platters set out with little cards that say, "Pair with #1, #3", etc. Can you tell I'm excited? 

2 comments:

  1. 1. I have never understood chicken & waffles. Maybe I'll have to trust you and give it a try...
    2. Jeff and his bleach blonde hair have changed the most
    3. I want to play the wine game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. You definitely have to try it. It always weirded me out too, but it's delicious! Perfect balance of sweet and savoury and crunchy :)
      2. His bleached hair was quite the statement eh?
      3. I'll let you know how it goes! If it goes well, I want to have another wine evening with all the girls!

      Delete