Monday 30 November 2015

Crisp & Cozy Weekend

I cannot get over how gorgeous the weather has been lately!


The morning view from my craft room window.

Saturday morning we went to Tynehead with Mom & Dad for a walk in the crisp air.
When we were at Tynehead, walking through the trails, we heard a horrible noise coming from the trees. It sounded like something was dying! Eventually we realized it was a Blue Heron squawking away at a Bald Eagle that was coming too close. I'm guessing the heron was trying to protect its meal of dead salmon (do they eat dead fish? Everything certainly smelled like dead fish!). By the time we got home, we had seen another 4 bald eagles! Amazing creatures. 


Saturday morning routine. Cuddles and coffee with Sherlock while planning our day

Saturday afternoon/evening was spent setting up for my early birthday party with the family! I had a wine tasting night, which is going to have a whole blog post of its own! 


I hadn't dressed up in so long! Felt nice to wear something a little classier than a sweater and leggings. (Although, I now realize this is just a sweater dress and pantyhose...)

I took a step back at one point to take a picture of some of the folks trying their wines and taking notes! One notable regret... No Scott! Missed him, but we all FaceTimed him early on in the tasting. Hopefully to make him feel like we were thinking about him, and not make him feel left out. Where's the balance?

After the main event of wine tasting, we all played a game of Pictionary, girls vs. guys. The girls lost... I blame the level of wine consumption! 

Sunday, I stayed in bed until 12 noon. I'm not ashamed to admit it... I had to recover from the previous night's shenanigans! I finally had to drag myself out of bed and hop in the shower at 12, because I had a White Spot date to get to at 2!



Janine is in town this week, so Monica (and her baby Ajooni) and Michelle took us out for a joint birthday lunch! It is always fun for us all to get together. Every time we go to White Spot (because they don't have it in America where Janine lives), and we all order Legendary burgers. It's almost embarrassing, but not because those burgers are delicious. 


How amazing does that cake look? I couldn't believe it was homemade!

Monica made a peanut butter ice cream cake for us that the waitress brought out after we finished eating. It was/is soooo delicious! Complete with mini peanut butter cups and all! Janine came over for a bit after lunch so we could catch up and have some "Janee" time before she heads back to the States. 


Birthday girls with the special cake!

Over-all, an amazing weekend filled with great friends, family and delicious food. No complaints here!

No comments:

Post a Comment