Wednesday 18 August 2021

Weekend Happenings

Our province is burning. It's terrifying. I know people who have lost their properties and cabins. Everyone knows someone who is on evacuation alert or order, and/or who can see a fire from their house. Last week and over the weekend it was pretty smoky. Luckily that kept some of the heat out, but it felt pretty gross!

Last Thursday it was really hot out and just starting to get smoky. Mom offered to come watch Eva and put her to bed, and Dave and I took Dom & Emilia to the pool! We haven't done anything with just the 4 of us since Eva was born I don't think. The kids had SO. MUCH. FUN! Honestly, so did we. Swimming isn't my favourite, but seeing them come out of their shells and be more adventurous and splash around. When I have the wherewithal to do it, I need to get those two into swimming lessons. 

No pics of the pool except some little bums in the shower. That evening Dave and I caught up on the Marble Races (Jelles Marble Runs on Youtube) in the theatre.


On Friday morning we had Janine and Jag over in the morning for a play date. Dom & Emilia were cautious as expected, and hid out in their room for the first bit. Luckily Jag is quite the opposite. He marched in like he owned the place, and went straight upstairs to their room to say hi and introduce himself. Within a minute they were all playing and chatting together. The three big kids entertained each other and we hardly saw them the whole time. That gave Janine and I a nice chance to talk and catch up. We saw each other from a distance last year, but haven't actually been able to see each other like this in almost 2 years! December 2019. Something about Janine made Eva get the giggles which was way too cute, too. 

Jag winning them over with timbits




"Janiiiiiine. Can you help with our mermaid puzzle?"

Friday was also Adam's birthday, and there was a picnic planned at Douglas Park in Vancouver with food and drinks provided. We miss out on many things being tied down by bedtime, but I decided to be adventurous. We got out there just before 6pm, and despite Eva crying most of the way there, Emilia fell asleep for a bit. They had a super cool playground at the park that Dave took D&E to, and I hung out with Eva as she wrap-napped. It was really smoky and we almost didn't go, but it was moderately better there than at home so we decided to. In the end we were home after dark, and Eva slept the whole way home. D&E went to sleep immediately, but unfortunately no one slept in the next morning. 


Uncle Jeff is so ready for his baby to come!





Always asking for a sip of our grown up drinks. She always says, "When I'm a grown up, I get to drink wine!"


These two in a panic trying to sneakily clean up the bag of chips they dumped on Aunty Marta's chair

Sleepy Myles <3




Long legs! He looks so grown up lately.





Saturday was a home-day; Dave had to work all day, so I didn't get much of a chance to recuperate.

She loves her big brother

Mommy! How did I end up on my tummy?!

Sudden renewed interest in his workbook, actually practicing his letters and numbers!

Me too, Eva. Me too.

Sunday morning I was tooooooast. Dave encouraged me to go hide out upstairs during Eva's first nap, and it happened to be a 2-hour nap! I did a bit of journaling and started a book. I'm reading Bridgerton haha. Scott & Ash came over for a visit during quiet time, and then came back and brought dinner later on! Soooo nice not to have to cook!  It was much appreciated :)


That evening I went out for drinks to Barley Merchant in Walnut Grove with Janine, Michelle and Robin. It has been a SUPER long time since we've all been together! Had a blast, and wish we had DD's and didn't have responsibilities the next day. 



Yesterday the kids and I made the trek out to Abbotsford to visit Aunty Rachel and Rebecca! Somehow the drive went SO smoothly both ways. It was mostly quiet except Dom asking nonstop questions, and Eva didn't cry or sleep in the car. Perfection. I have to say, these cousins love each other so much and have way too much fun together! Definitely didn't get a chance to take many quality pictures. It was a little hectic for me with all three kids haha. 

Such a sweet play room!


Tacos for lunch!


I purchased the Kids Eat in Colour "Real Easy Weekdays" meal planning tool, and I'm hoping I can use that to get into some sort of food routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment