Thursday 5 August 2021

Thankful Thursday - 268

This week I am thankful for...

1. Counselling. I have never done counselling before because of cost, stigma, and just not taking the time to do it. Now with Reproductive Mental Health I'm having monthly check-ups with a Psychiatrist, monthly check-ups with a Counsellor, and starting next Monday, I'm going to be in a group with other moms in my boat facilitated by a Counsellor that runs every Monday evening. The Counsellors can't give much advice usually. They just say, "Well it seems like you're very self-aware, so you kind of know what you need to do..." That being said, they do a great job of making me feel validated, helping me to set up a plan, encouraging me that I'm not alone, and reminding me that it's not me or my ability as a Mom that makes me feel this way sometimes. I'm in a majorly difficult stage of life, and I get so wrapped up in it 90% of the time that I don't step back to realize that. 

Love her <3. She loves me just a little too much though.

2. Gift cards. We used a Doordash gift card last night to order Cactus Club for ourselves for after the kids went to bed. A neighbour walked by and commended us on still being intentional with date nights given our stage of life. In reality, I just had a meltdown before dinner time and gave up trying to figure out what to eat. The kids had wraps, and Dave ordered us some food. We ate outside because it was way too hot to eat inside, but it was still nice! Tonight dinner was Eggos for the kids and I... dropped the ball again haha! 

Is it possible for a 3.5 month old to have separation anxiety from Mom already? We haven't really had anyone else care for her, but even if it's just Dave, she loses her mind sometimes! It makes no sense. This was after Dave relieved me so I could have a nap. I napped 20 minutes, and then apparently she was screaming inconsolably the whole time. Poor Dave! I brought her in with me and she kept crying for a few minutes, but settled down and passed out on me. This leap 4 has been a struggle for sure, but honestly child!

3. Our trip to Whistler. I'm so so thankful for that break. As soon as the break is over it feels like it never happened, but it was such a great time with the family and we made many memories!





4. Play Date. We've been intending to get together with Rachel & Rebecca all summer, but it just hasn't materialized until today. The big kids all played upstairs almost the whole time, and had Annie noodles for lunch. 



That's all I have time for today, but at least I got it done! :) I leave you with this drawing Emilia did of me with Eva in my tummy...

I HAVE been a little bit of a potato lately haha

No comments:

Post a Comment