Thursday 12 August 2021

Thankful Thursday - 269

 Time is flying all of a sudden! Eva is almost 4 months old, David's parents are moving next weekend, Mom is back to work in a couple weeks, the kids are back to preschool in a few weeks! Crazy. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Better sleep. Probably jinxing it right here, but Eva's sleep has improved since last week. She's back to 10-12 hour stretches at night the last few nights, and her naps are more consistent and predictable. I was actually able to go into the office and have a coffee yesterday morning! It's amazing what a difference it makes just being able to get out and do something for me! After getting home she was still asleep so I did my workout and ended up having to wake her up. Whew! Morning naps are key for me!

For the record, I 100% jinxed it. I wrote that portion of the blog yesterday, and the next nap, falling asleep at night time, and both naps so far today have been a disaster. Dang it! Oh well. I can still be grateful for the few days of better sleep, and hopeful it will start up again asap!

Eva had her first try in the exersaucer this week! She's not quite old enough to appreciate the toys and attachments, but she liked standing and feeling important haha


Such a thumb sucker!


Nothing to do with sleep, but a shot of Mom and the girls <3

Everything to do with sleep as she tucker herself in during nap time. It was so hard to wake her up!

2. Bye bye mullet! Eva has had a mullet since birth. It's always been charming in an ugly kind of way, and has been a conversation starter. However, the time has come where it needed to be cut. I did a poll with some friends and family about whether or not to cut it. Is it bad to care about your baby's looks? Or is it just giving her a chance to have regular hair one day? Votes came in marginally in favour of cutting it, and Eva had her first haircut before 4 months of age haha. 

Before: yup... it was bad!

After: There we go. Business in the front AND the back now. Kirsten said, "Ahhh remember last week when she was the life of the party?" 

3. New clothes! I think I posted something about new clothes a week or two ago when I went to Talize to get some. This week I went to Marshall's and got 2 super comfortable rompers that are breastfeeding friendly and some new underwear that actually fits me! So nice to wear clothes that fit, and wear underwear that doesn't create major creases in my hips! I figured I'm not losing this baby weight overnight, so might as well feel more comfortable and confident in the meantime. 


Just dressing room shots. I don't have any photos of me that aren't selfies! It's brutal. And I hate selfies.

4. Back to church. I played bass in church for the first time since October(?) last Sunday. I was rusty, but it went well. It also meant I went out Friday night for practice, and early Sunday morning for rehearsal before church. Dave was on his own packing up three kids to drag them to church. All things considered that went well, too! Eva was an angel (phew!!!), but the big kids were taken home part way through the sermon as they weren't feeling up to Sunday School just yet. We'll get there... 

This was at rehearsal on Friday evening. I totally meant to be that guy and take a selfie on Sunday with the whole congregation in the background, but then I forgot.

5. Whisky Therapy. Adam, Aly & Myles came over again last Saturday, and we were up late chatting and swapping stories and sipping whisky. So nice to have some adult conversation. Myles tried out our exersaucer this time around! Earlier this week we lent that exersaucer to Phoebe! They're at the PERFECT age for it! 


He was enthralled!


6. Cousin reunion! It had been maybe 2 months? A month and a half? since the three babes had been all together at the same time. We got together for some Rose tasting and dinner at mom and dad's on Sunday and everyone was reunited. I'd been feeling like Eva's been growing well, and starting to get big. then I laid her next to her cousins (4 weeks older) and was reminded she's still just a peanut haha! It's so wild and crazy and fun. And Baby Merby will be joining the pack soon too!



Unintentional coordination as they're all in demim <3
Eva -> Phoebe -> Myles

Things are a little more complicated now with 3 littles that need to nap around the same times! I think at some point all three of them napped in a playpen upstairs haha. Oh boy. Christmas is going to be wild!

Opa joining the baldies for some tummy time


Tried to make sure I got a shot or two of Dom & Em, too. You can tell by these action shots that it's just hard to get pictures of them lately!


And finally asked someone to take a picture of me!

Kid's table at dinner time. We no longer all fit at the dining room table. That's not gonna change!

7. Teacher Neighbours. I'm pretty sure Kirsten's just trying to make the blog (jokes). This week she brought over supplies so the kids could make these calming bottles! So fun. Dom's of course is mostly black glitter as his favourite colour is black haha. I've been wanting to make something like this for a long time just never actually did it. So thanks, Kirsten!




Immediately upon finishing them, the kids ran upstairs with theirs, so I didn't get a pic yet. This is Eva's though!

8. Dinner at Gramma & Grandpa's! This may have been our last dinner as a family at this house. We're going to miss it dearly, but look forward to making some new memories at their new house in Agassiz.

Gramma putting the kids to work

Eva has this new whisper talking thing she does. She chats in the quietest little mouse voice making the sweetest little sounds. Gosh. Be a little cuter, will you!



Someone skipped a nap at G&G's. 


Grandpa putting the kids to work.


Me too, Eva. Me too.

I leave you today with this mood. Emilia breastfeeding her bear. Her sloppy sitting, food on her face, and her expression just say it all haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment